Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Anthony Davidson has confirmed he is in talks with Jordan and BMW over a race drive for next season.

The Englishman has forged a strong reputation in his career as a BAR-Honda test driver but is now determined to step up to racing.

His contract at BAR expires at the end of this month and Davidson has already been approached by Jordan about next season, when they will be rebranded as Midland.

The 26-year-old has been told he would not need to bring any money to Midland for a race seat in 2006, even though current drivers Tiago Monteiro and Narain Karthikeyan have contributed millions for their opportunities.

"The thing is that normally driving that far down the pit lane you are looking at spending a lot of cash and we just literally haven't had that kind of money," he said.

"Now they are saying that they can do something so it opens up the opportunity to be on the grid. Basically all I want to do next year is be on the grid.

"It's got to the stage where I just want to be racing. You can only do so much testing as a young guy."

Jordan are not the only team interested in Davidson, with Sauber - who have been bought by BMW - also in negotiations.

Sauber are long-time admirers of the Hemel Hempstead-born driver and they have at least one berth to fill after Felipe Massa signed for Ferrari, with Jacques Villeneuve's future also rumoured to be in doubt.

Davidson confirmed discussions have been held but is not expecting a decision soon.

He added: "We've been talking to BMW as well for next year. We spoke to them a couple of races back but at the moment it seems they have got quite a lot of time to make a decision."

Davidson, who has been in Formula One for five seasons, is desperate to prove himself as a racer after only three starts so far in his career. He retired from his two efforts in a Minardi in 2002 before an early engine problems ruined his BAR debut earlier this year.

He is eager to earn a full-time race seat after four years without any regular competition.

"I love racing so much," he said. "I feel it is probably my greatest strength as a driver. Wheel-to-wheel stuff has always been what I've enjoyed.

"I have always found testing a bit monotonous really but I've been good at it. It's just a shame no-one has really seen me race. I don't see myself as a tester, I still see myself as a racer."

Despite his talks with other teams, Davidson's heart remains at BAR, who he has helped build into regular podium finishers.

His stay there could be over at the end of this month with no arrangement yet in place to allow him to continue testing once his current deal has expired.

But Davidson retains some hope of a race driver should Jenson Button fail in his attempt to escape his Williams contract and partner Rubens Barrichello at BAR in 2006.

The former British Formula Three runner-up said: "This is where I want to be. Out of all of them this is where I'd fit in, I know the car and the team and I'd love to have the opportunity here.

"At the end of the day if I can't get a drive here I will look elsewhere. It's always worth pushing so in my mind there is always a chance."

Kimi been pimpin it up!
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Future world champion?

lolz @ alonso in 1st pic

Quote Originally Posted by ^^v
    lolz @ alonso in 1st pic
    hahaha thats golden lol!!

Subaru y0!

Michael on his way to McLaren??

bahahaha when pigs fly....
    but it would be weird not seeing him in red 0_o
    [22/08/05 - 15:10]

Schumacher misses chance to crush Mercedes link
    ‘I do not want to discuss the rumours…’

Michael Schumacher / Norbert Haug

Gemany's seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher refused to quash speculation that he had met with Mclaren sporting chief Norbert Haug to discuss a possible move from Ferrari.

A report in daily Bild, the country's most popular newspaper, claimed the 36-year-old Schumacher had twice held secret talks with Mercedes chief Haug and was angling for a move from Italian team Ferrari.

"I do not want to discuss the rumours about me leaving Ferrari," Schumacher told his official website. "Everyone knows how strong the connection between Ferrari and myself is."

Schumacher is third in the Formula One standings, 40 points behind Spanish leader Fernando Alonso, and has shown signs of frustration at the team's lack of competitiveness this season.

The 52-year-old Haug confirmed that he had met with Schumacher but claimed it was not to entice the driver to Mclaren. "It is true that we met but only to speak about the future of Formula One," said Haug. "I do not think he will be leaving Ferrari."

Schumacher has been at Ferrari since 1996, winning five Formula One crowns for the team, and is contracted until 2006, when he is expected to announce his retirement from the sport.

Source AFP
    f1live.com

He has done to much with Ferrari to throw it away, for what more money?
    God doesn't need it.
    I think he'll be in Ferrari after he retires from racing.

Completely Agree. The connection is too strong for him to move, he will be apart of the team one way or another for ever.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    You never know. Wow, with Kimi and Schumey in McLaren!! Surely Kimi and JP is good enough for them. Athough imagine the fallout if they got Schumacher... that would shake up F1 a bit.

lol yuo talc silley!

Subaru y0!