Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    The poly bushes are generally 'better' in the sense that they generally don't allow as much movement of the bar as rubber, so they improve handling precision. But I'm not after race-track precision. I want a comfortable car with sporting tendencies. Having said that, there is poly and then there is poly, there is rubber and then there is rubber. The rubber bushes on Hondas are apparently among the best, according to the guys at Whiteline and at Heasman. According to the guys at IS Motor Racing, Swift bars (which come with hard rubber bushes) are the best Japan has to offer for the Euro. I haven't seen any mention of Swift on the TSX forums (which don't seem to mention Japanese swaybars at all), so I'm not sure that they are a good guide as to how polyurethane compares to the rubber used by Swift.

I have experienced noise with my Whiteline bar on the Integra (which I've had for about 8 years), and the guy at Heasman today told me that it is a common problem with 'those plastic' (which is what he calls Whiteline's polyurethane) bushes. I've read several posts from other people (I think on this board) with similar complaints.

Btw, the guy at Heasman said that you should regrease poly bushes every six to twelve months, depending on conditions, so you might yet experience a need to regrease.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Great, u guys made up.

Sick of scrolling down past all those quote replys...

This is what i get when i wanna start a new thread but know the mod's "Search is your Friend" stuff.

So after all these 10 pages i am still not certain about a thing.

i read up till page 5...

all i wanna know is, how damaging is it to the shocks if i put just springs in and lower 1.5"?

i dont wanna be cornering and then my entire car collapse but im not really after a super-handler

i can't justify spending $2500 on a coilover kit when $400 springs will do the same visual effect, however i am worried about the safety factor for everyday driving.

i'm of the opinion that if you're gonna lower your car anything more than 1.5" you're going to need a camber kit to readjust right? so in reality its not really 400 for springs but 400 + another few hundred for the camber kit.

so here's the thing, 1800 for tein ss coilovers or 400 for custom KMAC springs? (they're both gonna need camber kit)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity
    i read up till page 5...

all i wanna know is, how damaging is it to the shocks if i put just springs in and lower 1.5"?

i dont wanna be cornering and then my entire car collapse but im not really after a super-handler

i can't justify spending $2500 on a coilover kit when $400 springs will do the same visual effect, however i am worried about the safety factor for everyday driving.

i'm of the opinion that if you're gonna lower your car anything more than 1.5" you're going to need a camber kit to readjust right? so in reality its not really 400 for springs but 400 + another few hundred for the camber kit.

so here's the thing, 1800 for tein ss coilovers or 400 for custom KMAC springs? (they're both gonna need camber kit)
    Too hard to say when your shocks will go. Some people in the USA have only got 6 months on the stock shocks with the prokit - which is less than a 1.5" drop.

You don't absolutely need a camber kit but the trade off is your tyres may not last as long. I haven't seen any unusual tyre wear with my drop with no camber kit after 5000kms+ (but the drop is only 1"). I am starting to think Mr Heeltoe in this thread is right. But he is talking about camber between -2 and -3 (so perhaps see what your specs are before deciding) - and you MUST get the TOE within spec.

I'll probably end up getting a camber kit anyway (there isn't really a down side save for cost. I am in the USA at the moment - and they have the Ingalls for $129US here - how we are quoted $400AUD for the same kit in Australia I have no idea).

As for coilovers - you don't need to go for the $1800 Tein. There are other (read cheaper) options like the Tanabe for around $1500 or even the D2 coilovers which are on ebay australia at the moment for only $1100. Personally I wouldn't touch the D2 as their marketing practices leave a lot to be desired but it is a better option than just springs.
    Last edited by yfin; 12-03-2006 at 01:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Pretty damaging. You won't last a year before you feel your car bouncing all over the place.

Edit: Not really that damaging, but after a year you'll feel like the car is sagging. Maybe it's due to the wear of the shocks and the springs. Recently got the Euro raised with stock springs and the shocks are still in good condition (according to Pedders).

Your car won't collapse, it'll just feel really bouncy like when u go over speed humps.

Don't have to spend $2500 on coilovers JUST to lower them safely. Koni shocks and Eibach springs are great for the streets. Imo coilovers are just and overkill. $1500 can get you Koni's and Eibach. Coilovers and spings DO NOT have the same effect at all, especially if you match it with stock shocks.

1.5" you don't NEED a camber it, but if you got the money go for it. Get the Tien's or get the KMAC springs with Koni shocks. That's the only way to go. Don't get springs alone. I'm sitting here regretting that I lowered my Euro with Eibach's without changing shocks.
    Last edited by Slugoid; 20-07-2006 at 01:23 AM.

Couldn't be bothered to read all those pages of long arguments, but I want to find out if the US TSX A spec spring and shocks fit our Euro without problems? Seems to have good review, and close to standard ride comfort?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    They fit. I think Yfin has them.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jz
    Couldn't be bothered to read all those pages of long arguments, but I want to find out if the US TSX A spec spring and shocks fit our Euro without problems? Seems to have good review, and close to standard ride comfort?
    The TSX people are using JDM CL9 suspension without problems (eg Tein, Buddyclub, etc) so I can't see you having any issue at all using suspension designed for the TSX.

I am using the sports suspension kit for the european/UK CL9 so I don't think it is exactly the same as the TSX A Spec kit. Hard to say. As to you saying "close to standard ride comfort" - not quite. What I have is actually quite stiff (good for handling on nice roads) but is quite hard on crap roads. You can feel everything on crap roads.

Here is the best link I can find.. link

SPORTFAHRWERKSATZ

08W60-SEA-600 4VORMONTIERTE FEDERBEINE - TIEFERLEGUNG CA.20MM - MIT TÜV-GUTACHTEN - IN VERBINDUNG MIT 16-/UND 17-ZOLL FELGEN EUR 626.40* Detailansicht
    Last edited by yfin; 18-07-2006 at 05:00 AM.

Thanks for the link

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual

Thumbs up Euro lowering.

Quote Originally Posted by eurosp
    I am thinking of lowering my Euro. What do I have to look/ask for? Anyone know the estimated cost?
    I've got a 06 euro lux. MT and i've put in Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks approx.2 mths. ago and the ride is excellent!!!Lowered approx.40 mm.also installed a 18mm rear sway bar,this was well worth the $200.00.NB.You MUST install a rear camber kit.(iinstalled an Eibach.Not cheap but well worth it!)cost all up was approx.$2300.00.again more than i wanted to spend but you get what you pay for.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234
    I've got a 06 euro lux. MT and i've put in Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks approx.2 mths. ago and the ride is excellent!!!Lowered approx.40 mm.also installed a 18mm rear sway bar,this was well worth the $200.00.NB.You MUST install a rear camber kit.(iinstalled an Eibach.Not cheap but well worth it!)cost all up was approx.$2300.00.again more than i wanted to spend but you get what you pay for.
    Hey, sounds nice but why didn't you go for adjustable coilovers?

Can you take a pic of your 06 OEM suspension and post it up here? I want to see if the springs are progressive or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    i was planning on some coilovers... but then now got side tracked by the exhaust :P now saving up for exhaust then get coilovers.
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU