Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"

Lowering Euro and other suspension mods

I am thinking of lowering my Euro. What do I have to look/ask for? Anyone know the estimated cost?

Member Array
    just get a set of lowered springs..
    king springs maybe around $400 fitted
    But I'd recommend something better for a euro, like H&R or eibach...they are about $500ish (not fitted) but worth the money

how low are you going though?
    MODSTER Motorsport
    visit www.modster.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"
    I don't know? I have not done this before. How low can I go?

Member Array
    I think lowered springs will drop your car about 1.5-2"
    MODSTER Motorsport
    visit www.modster.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    i had king springs on my integra dc5 untill i put tein coilovers on it . king springs are ok but a bit harsh , i havent used the other brands mentioned but i probably wouldnt use king springs on the euro ( i want to lower mine aswell so let me know what you end up going with and how they were ) i think the euro is a resonably comfy ride which is why i bought it , so if the ride doesnt concern you you can put almost anythiong in there ( probably dont go for super low though )

Member Array
    Car:
    05 SEXY a$$ blue Euro
    is it true that using just average lowered springs can actually take away from the stock handling.... especially with a car like the euro which is generally setup handling well anyway?

is it true that using just average lowered springs can actually take away from the stock handling.... especially with a car like the euro which is generally setup handling well anyway?
    thats very true. I've done a bit of research about lowering the euro and basically i'd avoid only changing the springs for any drop greater than say 1".

The eibach springs (which are a well known/liked brand) will lower a minimum of 1.5-1.6" all round and thats enough to blow the stock shocks. So basically you either get replacement shocks + springs or go for a much more subtle drop. Another thing to remember is that anything approaching 1.5"'s and lower in the euro is probably going to require purchase of a camber kit to adjust the rear camber back into spec (unless of course you don't care about tyre ware)

What i hope to do in the future is buy some well made but fairly basic and inexpensive coilovers (i.e. tein basic coilovers) that will probably end up costing the same as koni yellow shocks + eibach springs but with the addeed advantage of choosing whatever height you want (a feature of coilovers) and the fact that they can be rebuilt and recoditioned as they get older.

www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au (i think thats the site) should be getting these in soon, they also have a camber kit available and can order in whiteline brand sway bar for the euro too.

Hoped that help, but thats the approach i'm taking when i finally get around to lowering my car.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Search is your Friend..

There are a few threads on different brands of springs and coilovers covered...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Honda Accord Euro
    Are there any springs out there that maintain the same levels of comfort as the stock springs? (Im doubtful)

I installed Tein springs in my DC5R and the ride was so bad, but it looked good at least

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"
    If I get Springs, someone told me the inner guard will have to lower/adjust as well, to prevent the wheel from scratching. Is that true?

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Not that I know of, but your camber will be more as the factory setting is set at -1 degree....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    why dont you go to a suspension shop , they will anser all of your questions , just make sure you go to one with a good reputaation and tell them what you want to achieve , maybe go to a few , then post what you found out so you can get different opinions form us aswell .