Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

euro as a family car?

hey guys, just wondering for you euro owners, how is it like as a family car?

i currently have an integra DC5 and my parents are loooking at buying a new family car. I suggested the euro to keep in line with the honda tradition..

just want to know what u guys tihnk/

thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    I don't use mine for a family car (yet) but it was one of the main reasons I bought it. I've definately had 4 of my mates in the car, and there was no complaints. So if they want a bit of style and not a boring commodore yeah, id totally suggest it as a 4 door, sports car

If you want a family car, I think Euro is very nice. If you want a sports Sedan, go for Liberty GT or MP6.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The Euro is good as a family car for 2 adults and 2 kids/young teens. There is not much legroom at the rear. If you fit 5 people, the person in the middle rear will be a bit uncomfortable as the backrest juts out a bit in the middle. The Liberty should be even worse, since the rear seats are bucket type and the middle is extremely uncomfortable.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    Euro suppose to be a family car anywayz. I reckon that will be mine if i had a family

Depends on who the rear passengers are going to be. If they are small kids or young teens, then it will be fine, however if your parents plan to carry other adults frequently or the kids are grown up, the Euro will be abit of a squeeze, especially on long trips. A better choice would therefore be the Accord V6. Lots of room in the back and it's still a Honda to keep in the tradition. And it's got heaps more powerrrrrr!

Good family car especially for the price. It shits on anything else for the price.

Subi GT and MPS (if it is even out yet) are atleast 10K more and you get more power but much crappier interior build quality as well as other subaru quality issues. I don't know about the MPS but its a mazda and that is scary enough.

With petrol at 1.30 a litre and set to go up, a 4 cylinder is a smart choice.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    I disagree with the people that say the rear of the euro is not comfitable in the rear. I have had several adults in the back and they all said they think the car has plenty of leg room.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I tried sitting behind myself (you know), and there is just 1cm of space between my knee and the rear of the seat. The rear seats themselves are good. Just the lack of space....
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Obviously rear leg room is proportional to how far back the front seats are.

I think rear accord rear legroom is fine.

I think most back seats get a little 'intimate' with 3 adults unless we are talking a LWB car.

Quote Originally Posted by euro1978
    Good family car especially for the price. It shits on anything else for the price.

Subi GT and MPS (if it is even out yet) are atleast 10K more and you get more power but much crappier interior build quality as well as other subaru quality issues. I don't know about the MPS but its a mazda and that is scary enough.

With petrol at 1.30 a litre and set to go up, a 4 cylinder is a smart choice.
    Can you elaborate on the crappy Subaru quality please? Why are you scared of a Mazda?
    78 Civic "Hondamatic"

WTB: 4x120 Wheels. Any kind!

No problem

I owned an MY02 Sti.

The roof lining, carpets, dash, etc were all terrible compared with other jap cars. The liberties run a better spec interior but it is still no where near the accord in terms of it's finish. I had other quality issues with my subaru and whinged plenty at the time. That was my experience and if you are happy with your subaru then good for you.

Mazda has had quality issues for a long long time and it has survived in Australia by the skin of its teeth as a consequence. Before the 3 and 6 were released, with the exception of the MX5 which has always had a strong following, mazda has failed to find success with any of its models except for its low end range. The 626 and 929 were both taken out back and put out of their misery and just because mazda has clawed its way back with a novel suicide door rotory rx 8 and a mazda 6, I for one wouldnt hop on the bandwagon just yet and I wouldnt pay the best part of 60k for one(MPS)