Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra DC5S

Integra DC5 Type S Head Unit help

Anyone here own a dc5 type s and with the stock headunit, is it worth keeping or upgrade to a better head unit if u gonna run alpine amps and boston speakers/pioneer speakers? Also i heard with optional at the dealership, u can upgrade your audio system to premier audio system, anyone know what are type are they? Thanks

Member Array
    if it plays mp3 then leave it
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

its quite nice for a standard unit.

I don't know if it has RCA inputs though and if not you are gonna find it difficult to hook up alpine amp(s).

There is no stereo upgrade for integra afaik.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Gen 2
    You will need a head unit that has RCA out. If you are going to run amps, as far as I’m aware the standard head unit would not have these. If you intend to buy high end speakers and amps, I would recommend getting a head unit to match.

My experience with the high end audio equipment that you can upgrade to is that you will find it cheaper to get the items aftermarket & installed. Plus this way you are able to choose component that suite you’re tasted in sound & music.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by euro1978
    its quite nice for a standard unit.

I don't know if it has RCA inputs though and if not you are gonna find it difficult to hook up alpine amp(s).

There is no stereo upgrade for integra afaik.
    You mean RCA out!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra DC5S
    ah ok thanks for all the info, i will decide on what head unit to buy after i pick up my type s.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S 2004
    dude i have my type s for like 10months now, and every thing is pumping good.
    not worths changing it,

:my 2c:

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by XPLOSV
    dude i have my type s for like 10months now, and every thing is pumping good.
    not worths changing it,

:my 2c:
    You kept your head system stock or you mean your head unit only? Because the stock speakers are terrible, dont know if the stand head unit on type s have arc outputs thats the only thing

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    It cant be that hard to pull out the deck and have a look to see if its got outputs. I reckon the Type S and new CRV sport head unit is pretty good (same deck). Plays MP3s and looks cool too!

Member Array
    Nup no rca output.. had to piggy back mine from rear speakers... still nice though

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra DC5S
    yah thought so it wouldnt have rca outputs, the cheapest way is properly just put in aftermarket speakers, but since i spent quite abit on an amp and speakers, need to replace the head unit. the stock head unit is nice thats for sure, 4 of my friends wanted to buy it when i told them i was gonna replace it lol how much should i sell for?