hey all

sometimes I get a noise (a squeek) when I shift gears. This is not at the beginging of the drive as I turn on my car ... but after a certain amount of driving .. also ... when it IS sqeeking ... the shift action becomes slightly stiffer than normal

I ran to Hannys once cause I was so worried but by the time he had a few mins to look at my car ... the car had cooled down and the symptom had gone away ...

can someone please suggest / help? ops:

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3293

read this buddy should help u out

Ken
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

um thanks but I was not talking about the clutch pedal but the gear stick that you shift with your hand ...

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    rip out the gearstick cover.. that leather thingo..
    and check the bushing there..
    use abit of WD40 and should fixe the problemo..
    otherwise i got no idea wat could be wrong

Ken
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

I was thinking about pouring some wd-40 down there ... is it the 'right' lubricant to use though? (don't want to f*** things up long-term)

Banned Array
    BTW DarkCoupe: very nice car, even though it looks stock, ive always had a thing for them. Maybe its because it reminds me of Fast and Furious
    Nice car.

Thanks man. Appreciated. I love it too

btw it wont be lookin stock for long .... getting some coilovers to drop it a couple of inches and some hyperblack/silver lip Volk Racing GT-N wheels (dunno if you've seen em) ... tell me if you think it will suite?

lol love the gtn's, theyre like the best wheels ever made definatly suits man, $$$ tho
    フジタエンジニアリング

hmm ... if I can get some copies I will (like u said mega $$) ... but I love em!!

Banned Array
    DarkCoupe: Very nice man, you should consider a full body kit, there are some really sweet bodykits for that model and look just unbeliveble. You wouldnt pay more than $2000 fitted. And put an exhaust in it and thats it, should be able to find a good one no more than $1200.
    But yeah the colour is perfect too.

I am lookin into a bodykit ... for now it will be dump/rims first ... then some perf mods ... then the bling bling LOL :P