Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need of guidance to lower my EG

Its my first time to drop my EG, its a daily driver car. iwant to lower it by one finger from the fender lip, i got told by my mechanic that the aftermarket lowering springs have a standard drop of 35mm, is there any shop who costumize/make their own lowering springs. I got told to cut the factory springs to get the desired height and it wont affect the daily drivability on the street. My budget is only for the springs. How should i approach this scenario? Thank you all for your time

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 - CTR
    u can get a lower spring to low your eg, as I done mine b4, but u need to be aware of the rear spring. coz it won't sit too low.
    and remember dun cut your factory spring, it affect your shock life as well as handeling

just to let u know it cost me $160 to only install a set of spring to my factory shock!!!

SITWY: Thanks for the reply, how low now is your eg and what brand of spring did you use? Are they from Oz?

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 - CTR
    the front wheel between the fender only can put one finger in! but the rear can put 2 to 3 finger ....OMG

yes the spring is from aus. apex ... yellow spring....
    BE AWARE it is not apexi^.^
    I think kings spring is not bad with the super low one

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo EG Sedan
    Cut springs? wont effect daily driveability? your mech said that? dude do not cut them lol

just get a set of kings springs and it should be prefect height

Tomorrow, im goin to shop around and look who installs KingSpring super low, hopefully by next week, i can get my civic lowered. And No Cutting.

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo EG Sedan
    good luck and show us some pictures of the final result
    =]

when you lower the car with say, king springs super lows, does it affect your stock shocks life and the car's handling?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    just don't cut your std springs..change it..if you wan your car to look good, there will always be a risk of scraping your front lip...35mm is not that low...hehe..

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    King springs are fine for lowering... but i highly recommend LOW, as apposed to superlow.

This is what superlow can do to your poor EG ... my old eg suffered because of them

Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by SiR JDM
    King springs are fine for lowering... but i highly recommend LOW, as apposed to superlow.

This is what superlow can do to your poor EG ... my old eg suffered because of them

dude, that looks effing mad!

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    hahah thanks dude but it was so low.. 4cm clearance

Going through a bumpy gravel carpark my gearbox actually hit the ground! i could feel the vibrations in the stick.. it was aweful i felt like i was slowly killing my baby haha they didn't last long
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL