Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks everybody for sharing all your Honda knowledge, i ended up getting it low using Pedders Sports ryder Spring together with the standard honda shocks, someone did the job for me, he owns his mechanical shop. Car look good, the front wheels does scrape the front fender if i a make a fast turn, or hit a bump while turning, driving legal speed and normal street road the spring works fine, but i haven't tried driving the car more than 100kph, now i have to slow down on corners depending how fast i approach the corners. The rear wheels behaved fine, so far i have not experience any scraping as i have rolled the inner lip 4 years ago, im sure all you guys have experienced my problem. My question now is, should i change my standard shocks? Is there a stiffer shock that i can substitute? Need assistance please?
    Last edited by angel; 18-08-2005 at 12:43 AM. Reason: adding information

Quote Originally Posted by SiR JDM
    King springs are fine for lowering... but i highly recommend LOW, as apposed to superlow.

This is what superlow can do to your poor EG ... my old eg suffered because of them

SiR JDM, That is bravely Low! First time ive seen EG so low.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by angel
    Thanks everybody for sharing all your Honda knowledge, finally i got it low using Pedders Sports ryder Spring together with the standard honda shocks, someone did the job for me, he owns his mechanical shop. Car look good, the front wheels does scrape the front fender if i a make a fast turn, or hit a bump while turning, driving legal speed and normal street road the spring works fine, but i haven't tried driving the car more than 100kph, now i have to slow down on corners depending how fast i approach the corners. The rear wheels behaved fine, so far i have not experience any scraping as i have rolled the inner lip 4 years ago, im sure all you guys have experienced my problem. My question now is, should i change my standard shocks? Is there a stiffer shock that i can substitute? Need assistance please?
    Yes, depending on the spring rate of your old springs... your standard dampers (which are probably worn anyway) won't be able to match the new spring rate which usually is harder.
    You can have them revalved so they match your new spring rate... but finding a place that does your brand of dampers (Mine were OEM but used KYB...) is another thing. I personally ended up forking out money for Koni yellows (revalved to my spring rates) and have never looked back
    Using your current dampers will be fine... but eventually or even now, you'll find they might be a bit "bouncy" (hard to find a better word ) which is the last thing you want for handling...!
    Also now that you've lowered it, make sure you get a wheel alignment to make sure that your camber, toe and other settings haven't gone out of whack

aozora, thanks for sharing your idea, i'll get the wheel alignment done, i've noticed that the front wheel sits in the ground a bit different from the rear wheel. i'll get my dampers checked, i better start saving for a decent dampers. i'm goin to see the person who did my spring, so he can have a look.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    No problem! Any other questions or problems let me know...!

Got all fours wheel aligned, lucky i haven't been driving the car that much, i got told by the wheel technician that the rears were way out of alignment, the front were not so bad, he reckons i've got less than 3 months to wear the tyre then i have to buy new ones. Now that its done, i asked about the shocks, they told me to get a short travel shocks to get rid of the tyre rubbing in the front when turning (and sometimes rear), another good $500 + labour. Or use rubber Bump stops around $45ea. to stop the top spring play. Can anyone tell how to attach photos, i could'nt attached my photos i'm always exceeding the KB's.