View Poll Results: Ok Lets run a poll,,,.... YEY: Which do you have in your HONDA

Voters
348. You may not vote on this poll
  • MUGEN

62 17.82%
  • TODA

115 33.05%
  • SPOON

34 9.77%
  • EDELBROCK

8 2.30%
  • X FORCE

108 31.03%
  • DC

21 6.03%
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by mikul_ha View Post
    thanks for the link didz!

not much difference in the dyno sheet between the spoon and toda...
    yes i thought the same. There are slightly higher gains on toda but its in the +/- 1kw range. Depending on how much costs are will determine which one i get, Toda new for headers itself is roughly 2grand, not sure on spoon.
    Current holder of the Win folder.

Now taking people for lessons on how to win.

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 CRX Del Sol
    Ok, im sure this has been asked b4, but 4 a stock B16a are 4-2-1 better than 4-1????
    www.myspace.com/miss_vtec
    My Crx is SOLD!!
    ... Time for the next car... cant wait!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    you cant really say what is better a 4-1 or a 4-2-1.

its jsut different power delivery at different points in the rpm range.

i have had both on my teg now and i will go for 4-2-1, but thats becuase i have a b18b non vtec and is a torquier engine thus a 4-2-1 will add extra torque in my powerband.

a powerband of a vtec engine is much higher and thus a 4-1 can come in more usefull for these engines. in saying that though, a high quality 4-2-1 can still be as good as a 4-1.

for example my 4-2-1 now had the same top end as my 4-1's had but they also have a much beefier low/mid range so its overgain was muc better than my 4-1 which was more above 4000rpm before it started showing gains.

so in the end, have a powergoal, and buy the header that suits what you want to achieve down the road so you dont waste money buying the wrong one.

Another option is a Tri Y header, which is supposed to give you gains all over without compromising the high/low for each other, u havn't had much experience with these so mayvbe someone else could talk about it some more.

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 CRX Del Sol
    yeah thats what im afraid of, buying the wrong ones.
    my car has 4-1 on it atm but they r off a b18c vtec and I think they r too big for my motor... an exhaust place told me they r a bit too big (I could tell by looking at them) they r larger than the ones I had on my civic b16a.

So for my b16a im thinking another set of 4-1 (designed 4 B16a)
    Would this b a smart move?
    My Crx is SOLD!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    there are plenty of choices, but it depends how much you want to spend really.

you wont go wrong with toda 4-2-1, proven results.

if you dont wanna spend as much you could opt for a 5zigen header.

or cheaper maybe a DC sports, xforce etc

in choosing the layout i think collector size is important to consider. if you are not going to be building your engine any further than I/H/E then stick with a 2.25 collector i reckon.

if aiming for bigger power then 2.5 inch collector.

i got myself megan racing headers from the states, they are pretty cheap headers but heard some good things about them, i used to have xforce and these kill them. megan have the blueprints for DC headers apparently and have improved them further so i would say best bang for buck.

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 CRX Del Sol
    I was thinking xforce... im not looking at spending a great deal atm, down the track I will.
    So maybe xforce 4-2-1 with 2.25 colletor?
    I just dont want 2 make a mistake and get the wrong ones and be dissapointed
    My Crx is SOLD!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    imo xforce was alright for the price, but i heard a lot of them make loud hissing noises. if you can put up with that.

if u are going with xforce then i would recommend maybe try megan racing from the states. or if you can spend maybe around $500 you could try get some second hand headers like 5zigen off these forums.

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 CRX Del Sol
    hmmm ok - thanks for ur help
    I might hold off 4 a bit till I can afford something really good rather than spending my $$$ now on lesser quality ones...
    My Crx is SOLD!!

hey sally...maybe u should come and try my car out...i got 4>1 dc sport headers which are designed for b18c type r motor....got a 60mm pipe exhaust that follows the 2.5inch cat....and all i got is j's racing intake, headers and full exhaust...i'm personally happy with the gain
    VTEC = Say My Name!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 CRX Del Sol
    Really? Hmm yeah but remember.... u r'nt coming on the cruise cuz u will b hungova!!
    But yeah thats a good idea
    My Crx is SOLD!!

hmmm, yeah i might just come to meet u guys at P6 at watever time u guys r gonna be there...then i'll just go home after that...dont wanna risk driving all theway to the gong hung ova
    VTEC = Say My Name!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 CRX Del Sol
    cool
    My Crx is SOLD!!