Page 1 of 48 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE

What do you hate about the Euro?

Probably won't get much response cos everyone here loves their Euro , but here I go anyway.

For me, I guess the auto box is a start. 1st gear is nice but can't access it after 60km/h or so, 2nd and 3rd gear too long and 4th and 5th gear are pretty much crusing gears. I guess manual will much better but too late now and didn't get a choice.

Car is too heavy for my liking (and for what I do at night ). Too much weight at the front and with FWD it doesn't help. Stock suspension setup is like riding a boat (spring and sways fixed that to an extent for me). Not enough power (where is my K20A!). Steering is too light for my liking again, but I guess it's better than a lot of cars. Brakes has room for improvement (nothing nothing nothing...stop).

I guess I expected too much from the Euro, and in the end, I forget that the Euro is after all a family car, not a sports car. For what it is, it's an excellent car, but for what I'm really after, it's not. That's also the main reason that I'm going to stop modding the Euro and saving up for something that I really like. Euro will be still around as my pimp mobile, lol, but there will be another car complementing it later on. Something 4 cylinder, RWD, under 1300kg and more of a thrill to drive.

Edit:

Wow, times have changed. It's funny reading a post made half a year ago by myself. What do I hate about the Euro now?? I don't think I hate anything about the Euro now, ever since I got my new ride. I guess all my hate spawned from expecting too much from the Euro, as I mentioned. I don't expect anything from the Euro now, moreso, I look for the Euro can provide for me. Comfort, safety, 5 seats, relaxation, and a pit of poke when I need it. That's how I try to view all cars nowadays, as to what the car can provide me rather than what I expect of the car. Unmet expectations can only bring dissatisfaction. If there's so much hate in a car, then that means the car cannot provide what you want, as with me half a year ago with the Euro.

A wise friend recently told me: "make the best of what you have". Follow that then you'll never hate a car.
    Last edited by Slugoid; 29-05-2006 at 11:25 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    well for me,
    Dont like the suspension
    Dont like the standard and spare rims
    Dont like the Tachometer design
    Dont like the fact that there is no speakers on the left and right rear doors.
    Lack of driver view

and where the hell the cup holders are?
    Last edited by TwEigh; 11-08-2005 at 11:54 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Stock 16" wheels are way too small for euro's big wheel arch.
    The gap between tyre and wheelarch are too big unless you lower the car. 16" wheel just not helping with the visual effect neither.

With Audio display when playing CD, it doesn't show the time (minutes and seconds) of each track that is currently playing, I found a bit inconvinient at times.

Apart from these, I am pretty happy with the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by TwEigh
    and where the hell the cup holders are?
    Cup holders are located centrally beside the handbrake handle.
    for rear seat passengers, they are located in central arm rest. (when 1 or 2 rear passengers on board)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    -16" wheels too small
    -unnecsessarily jerky DBW throttle
    -could do with some more low-end torque (<2000rpm)
    -sunroof switch location
    -lack of trip computer
    -ride can be a bit too hard at low speeds imo
    -no speakers in rear doors
    -lack of driver view
    -genuine floormats wear away too easily

apart from those little niggles, its brilliant!
    Last edited by evolution42; 12-08-2005 at 02:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    Quote Originally Posted by PNR888
    Cup holders are located centrally beside the handbrake handle.
    for rear seat passengers, they are located in central arm rest. (when 1 or 2 rear passengers on board)
    cant really call the one beside handbrake handle as cups holders..
    cup holder suppose to be rounded in shape!
    Last edited by TwEigh; 12-08-2005 at 12:19 AM.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    - jerky DBW throttle @ low speeds
    - curtain airbags (although it IS a safety feature, you cant,say, put wiring underneath the a-pillar to wire up an in car monitor for instance. (someone put an LCD on their sunglass holder and hid the wires in the a pillar bit)
    - huge clearance gap..this car MUST be lowered to look decent...stock ride too high
    - floorseat mats wear very easily
    - no electric folding mirrors
    - NO FELT IN DOOR WHICH RESULT IN LINE GOING DOWN YOUR TINTING JOB

But these flaws are miniscule compared to how much joy u can get out of driving it.
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

in that compartment you press a button on top right hand corner and the cup divider pops out

Too Blardy Heavy!!

also
    - 16" wheels looks ghey
    - no trip computer
    - side airbag on the seats
    - no black on black interior option

Apart from that, I'm happy
    Last edited by baboo; 12-08-2005 at 08:42 AM.
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by baboo
    Too Blardy Heavy!!
    That's because you are a track warrior - even the fat ass lux version weighs less than the Subaru WRX STI

hehe this is the thread that makes us closet euro fault identifying knitpickers unite !!!

The drive by wire sux. I drove the Type S DC5 recently with its conventional throttle and it's chalk and cheese. There is no reason for the euro not to have a similar setup for it's manual version.

Euro is an extremely competent car but I am happy mine is stock except for some cosmetic stuff and a modulo honda exhaust. I think trying to treat it likes a sports car is when you are most disappointed as I find it fantastic in traffic for my daily commuting but I miss getting up especially early on a sunday and taking the Sti out for a dirty time around the streets of malvern.

sorry guys, its just a sh1t car. its as simple as that.

hahaha....joking. I hate em cos there are too many of them around and they look so common that i'm beginning to like the america accord AKA inspire.