Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE

What do you hate about the Euro?

Probably won't get much response cos everyone here loves their Euro , but here I go anyway.

For me, I guess the auto box is a start. 1st gear is nice but can't access it after 60km/h or so, 2nd and 3rd gear too long and 4th and 5th gear are pretty much crusing gears. I guess manual will much better but too late now and didn't get a choice.

Car is too heavy for my liking (and for what I do at night ). Too much weight at the front and with FWD it doesn't help. Stock suspension setup is like riding a boat (spring and sways fixed that to an extent for me). Not enough power (where is my K20A!). Steering is too light for my liking again, but I guess it's better than a lot of cars. Brakes has room for improvement (nothing nothing nothing...stop).

I guess I expected too much from the Euro, and in the end, I forget that the Euro is after all a family car, not a sports car. For what it is, it's an excellent car, but for what I'm really after, it's not. That's also the main reason that I'm going to stop modding the Euro and saving up for something that I really like. Euro will be still around as my pimp mobile, lol, but there will be another car complementing it later on. Something 4 cylinder, RWD, under 1300kg and more of a thrill to drive.

Edit:

Wow, times have changed. It's funny reading a post made half a year ago by myself. What do I hate about the Euro now?? I don't think I hate anything about the Euro now, ever since I got my new ride. I guess all my hate spawned from expecting too much from the Euro, as I mentioned. I don't expect anything from the Euro now, moreso, I look for the Euro can provide for me. Comfort, safety, 5 seats, relaxation, and a pit of poke when I need it. That's how I try to view all cars nowadays, as to what the car can provide me rather than what I expect of the car. Unmet expectations can only bring dissatisfaction. If there's so much hate in a car, then that means the car cannot provide what you want, as with me half a year ago with the Euro.

A wise friend recently told me: "make the best of what you have". Follow that then you'll never hate a car.
    Last edited by Slugoid; 29-05-2006 at 11:25 AM.