Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    i bought the polish for a "deeper, shinier color" and also cos i got quite a few scratch marks here and there.... i wasnt going to use the chip stick in any case...

I'm using

1. Kitten Deluxe Car shampoo gel
    2. Turtle Polish
    3. Kitten Wax

i got a whole bucket of kitten stuff for xmas so i'm using that firs.t..aint rich or hardcore enough to fork out 100 bucks on meguirs or autoglym

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    okay, here's pics, sorry its a link but its fast load
    http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showt...threadid=22308

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    i bought the polish for a "deeper, shinier color" and also cos i got quite a few scratch marks here and there.... i wasnt going to use the chip stick in any case...

I'm using

1. Kitten Deluxe Car shampoo gel
    2. Turtle Polish
    3. Kitten Wax

i got a whole bucket of kitten stuff for xmas so i'm using that firs.t..aint rich or hardcore enough to fork out 100 bucks on meguirs or autoglym
    Test out the polish on a hidden spot first. See if it dulls the clear coat. If it doesn't then it should be ok. If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, then the only way to fix it is with a respray.

Nothing against Turtle Wax or Kitten. It's just that these brands sell rubbing compounds that are marketed as polishes. And that is a surefire way to destroy your paint. Your car shampoo and wax will be fine. Just test the polish first.

Meg's doesn't cost a hundred. just $15-20 per bottle/tube. Just don't buy 5 of them

The most important thing is to ensure that whatever you are using does not damage your paint. Because once the clearcoat is compromised, you'll be looking at at least $700 to respray.
    Last edited by aaronng; 07-09-2005 at 11:41 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    cheers thanks!! i'll be sure to try it out first

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Thanks very much for the info, I will have to switch from using a foam applicator to wash with.

And I do luv NXT its the best I have used so far, it leaves no spots.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    And the best thing about NXT is that it is so easy to apply and wipe off!

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 LS Integra
    Hey arrong, guessing ur in the car detailing game true?, cause you got some great advise to follow too? NXt wax I havn't tried yet but I have heard good results, Chip sticks??? stay well away. There is a way to get rid of deep scratches by masking off an area, buying ur paint from honda, borrowing a spray gun & sanding down that area with a fine grit papaer then spraying over it, kinda like an advanced way of doing a toutch up, good to have someone confident with a spray gun helping you out tho.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanderz
    Hey arrong, guessing ur in the car detailing game true?, cause you got some great advise to follow too? NXt wax I havn't tried yet but I have heard good results, Chip sticks??? stay well away. There is a way to get rid of deep scratches by masking off an area, buying ur paint from honda, borrowing a spray gun & sanding down that area with a fine grit papaer then spraying over it, kinda like an advanced way of doing a toutch up, good to have someone confident with a spray gun helping you out tho.
    That's what the mobile paint repairers do. But I don't think I dare go at my paint with wet sandpaper. I'd rather pay a pro who has experience to do it. But yes, once you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, the only way to repair it is with touch up paint (doesn't match) or the Flanderz method.

if the scratch mark is not deep enuff to reach primer level. you can try, wet sanding and buffing with cutting compond. ie use wet/dry 2000 grit and sand down the scrtch mark. then buff with rotary buffer with a true cutting compound like megiure diamound cut. follow by swirl remover and then a coat of glase or wax.

that is great! really really really helpful for when i wash my car next!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    good reading in here! aaronng, your'e realing getitng into all this detailing stuff lately, good to see!

seeing as not many are posting pics i'll post some up.

deal was that i got some really bad waterspots on my bonnet after a sprinkler went on it and the water dried in the sunlight. They were terrible.

It took me about 30 mins to buff the bonnet buffing a 30cm x 30cm area at a time.

I used a rotary buffer with a medium density foam pad with farecla G3

then switched to a soft density finishing pad with 3M finnesse

then applied 2 coats of NXT wax by hand, wiping it off with microfibre cloth.

Notice that i removed the wiper washer's so they wouldnt get in the way.

all up the job took about hr and 15 mins. The spots were really bad, they had actually etched the clearcoat so i probably buffed half the clear off the paint just to remove them lol.

These pics were taken with direct sunlight on them...the paint is so shiny its hard to tell that there is sunlight on it!

these 2 are just after i finished under fluro lights.

Last edited by h22a accord; 12-09-2005 at 10:00 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    h22aaccord... thats reallly focking shiny mate good job

just thought i'd come back and recommend 2 products

1. Kitten Polish/Wax

this is a littel bottle of magic. I know for a fact that its nowhere near as good as NXT or other premium products. But for a $9 bottle that doesnt require you to get out the electric buffer this thing is magic

2. Citrus magic plastic moisteriser (i'll get the proper name tomorrow)

I went crazy with this today. I was a bit dubious at first as it sed u can use it to gloss and protect both interior and exterior plastics + TYRES as well... but neway i decided to try

EXCELLENT RESULT... i sprayed it on all exterior plastics, the handbrake plastics, the tyres and wiped a small amount on the dash. Plastics are completely "soft", moisterised, without being oily and definitely shiney... will recommend to everyone...bargain at $15 a can