Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR

Koni yellow height adjustable question

Hey,
    i got a set of Koni yellow height and damper adjustable in a dc2 and i was wondering how would i adjust the height?
    Can i just use springs clamps to clamp the springs and then change the height of the cup or do i have to take out the whole sussy?

there are 2 adjustable clips on the front shocks , and 3 on the rear . You simply pull up/ or remove the spring , use a small flathead screwdriver to move the circle-clip to the desired height.
    You CAN use a large screwdriver or pole to hold the spring up and do it ( if your springs are softish) OTHERWISE you will have to take the lot out and take out the spring to adjust the height.

PM me if u need help matey

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo EG Sedan
    yeah i got these on the front and rear of the car.

u might have to take out your whole shock thought to compress the springs then just put the clip to its lowest setting

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR
    so you cant just use spring clamps to compress the springs and then adjust the cup?

yup u can - it takes 2 people tho
    We can do it soon mate !

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR
    thanks Ben, will contact you before the weekend

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    with koni yellows are they compatible with super lows or any another other spring types? Or would you need some kind of adapter.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee
    with koni yellows are they compatible with super lows or any another other spring types? Or would you need some kind of adapter.
    Konis are usually OEM replacement shocks... so whatever springs that are made for your car will fit... if that makes sense.
    Adapter? o.O

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    thanx aozora yeah i think u answer my question replacement shocks... so whatever springs that are made for your car will fit. Maybe i am thinking of coil overs or sumthing. I remember some1 told me about having adapters for the springs u use when using coil overs. I think though i aint an expert with sussy setups?

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee
    thanx aozora yeah i think u answer my question replacement shocks... so whatever springs that are made for your car will fit. Maybe i am thinking of coil overs or sumthing. I remember some1 told me about having adapters for the springs u use when using coil overs. I think though i aint an expert with sussy setups?
    You’re thinking of Ground Control coil overs. It needs special adaptors to keep the spring more stable with the sleave. This is what makes them better than the usual eBay coil overs. They designed each set to work with a specific shocker.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR

Question which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by CTR Coupe
    You’re thinking of Ground Control coil overs.
    so for a car like mine 88 gen 2 crx would ground control coil overs be better than a shocks and spring setup?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    anyone know what the lowest koni yellowz can go ?

compatible with springs 3.5" ?