Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Thought I'd report back. I never ended up changing anything with my braking wobble problem. I finished doing contract work in that area (driving from east side of melbourne to the west side) so I no longer drive on that freeway which seem to have caused the issue. The wobble has becoming much less noticable now eventhought I still take the freeway from east side to the CBD.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Thread Revive.

My Euro's 7 yrs old and done almost 130k.
    Still on original rotors, and had a pair of Bendix pads in 30k ago.
    Its dusty as *** and ate the rotor pretty badly, I've lost all initial bite and the service person told me to replace the rotor like... *NOW*

I'm looking at below setup;:
    RDA Slotted Rotor + EBC RED STUFF (the Kevlar/Ceramic one, I wont pay more than $150 for the front pair, eBay as price guide).

What do y'all think? And anyone know how much RDA slotted rotors would cost? Considering a EBC Ultimax slotted is only $170 odd USD on ebay... Aussie retailers'd better not try to rip us off.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    RDA's a fine. JDMYard sells them, so check out their thread. EBC Redstuff is pretty aggressive though, so be ready to replace the rotors sooner than you had to with the original ones.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 6sp
    Got my slotted RDA rotors from JDMYard. Got a set of RDA pads as well and they work really well. Paid something like 240 or 270 for a set of slotted front rotors. Nice bite and feel. Shame about the brake dust tough. It is dusty like a european car.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    RDA's a fine. JDMYard sells them, so check out their thread. EBC Redstuff is pretty aggressive though, so be ready to replace the rotors sooner than you had to with the original ones.
    Update:
    Got some quotes
    EBC slotted: $235 front pair (WHAT A RIPOFF... considering it come out of the same factory as entry level DBA's... in China) UK made EBC's are cheaper in the states 20% cheaper....
    EBC redstuff for euro: not available in this country. not even in their catalog....

EBC redstuff is like... cheap ceramic pads tho lol, I just want some ceramic pads that doesnt product a crap load of dust and last longer.

I've considered EBC green but heard a lot of bad stories about it eating the rotor like all hell... so if the rotor's gonna be eaten, I might as well get some more stopping power out of it.

**UPDATE** Change of plans, Im getting Hawk HPS pads instead.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 05-01-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    anyone know where i can buy dixcel type z from ?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    any1 know how long OEM brakes are supposed to last for CU2? i swear i heard some squealling while braking in a quiet carpark yesterday. its almost hit 30000kms

i read on acurazine that honda messed up the brakes in the CU2 in that they brake too hard so one set wears down faster unneccessarily
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

the squealing doesn't necessarily mean anything.

My brakes were squealing, dealer told me they needed replacing about a month earlier. Bought Hawks pads, think they were HPS can't remember, took it to 3rd party to get installed. Mech showed me just how much meat was left on the squeaking pad, and it was rediculous. You know how it works these days, brakes squeak, dealer tells you to change, buy OEM pads, pay out your arse for something that doesn't need replacing

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    how will i noeee when to replace then

without a squeel to guide me, i am but a lost soul!
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

if you can be stuffed, take out your pads

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    how will i noeee when to replace then

without a squeel to guide me, i am but a lost soul!
    take off your tyre and you should be able to see how much meat is left on the pad without needing to take the pad out.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    Me too thinking of replacing the brakes on the 04 Euro. I noticed left front disc is uneven (jagged or ripple) all around the front right has a deep scratch on the disc. Each time mechanic say the pads are still good until I notice a loud shudder one day when braking hard. Rear Discs looks ok.
    Now I'm thinking of getting the DBA Street Series (slotted) Rotors and Acre Pads for the fronts and OEM pads for the rear. Has anyone used those mentioned and what do you think of them?
    Also do I need to change the rear disc if the fronts are changed to slotted rotor?