Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Just looking at that web site - those pads have no indicators so you need to measure the thickness to know how much life is left. Not really a down side - just be wary of that.

Is the price for the VN8500 street pads - $159 - would that be just the front pads or front and rear? Any idea?
    You can reuse your orignals - EBC greenstuff do not come with indicators either, I just ripoff the indicators off my old pads and reused..
    78 Civic "Hondamatic"

WTB: 4x120 Wheels. Any kind!

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    how do the indicators work? I thought they were built into the pad.

They're just clips that clip onto your pad they stick out a little so when your pad gets to certain depth a part of the clip scratches on yuor disc thus the annoying sound you hear and the lil indent it puts on your disc..

hope this helps
    78 Civic "Hondamatic"

is it a clicking noise? or a screeech

Out of 'clicking' or 'screeching' I would say screeching.

screeching/scratching
    you won't miss it i assure you
    78 Civic "Hondamatic"

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    Dude.. 42000 in 9 months? where do u drive?
    I only done 14000 in 17 months

Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512
    i'd get the endless brakepads
    endless/zeal make the best brake related aftermarket stuff for cars i hear
    and is also very popular brake choice in japan
    Endless SSS is good for street use.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Endless is too expensive. EBC performs the same if not better at lower price.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Euro77, have you tried both on your car? If not, you can't say EBC performs same or better. I have tried both Endless and EBC on my S2k, Endless is more expensive but it chews less on my rotor compared to EBC. EBC is too harsh on the rotor. So the money you save from getting EBC will go into a new rotor earlier. Endless is also less noisy. Both I haven't experienced any fading when warm up. If anything, Endless bite better during cold, after warm up, both bite the same.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    no, I haven't tried endless, that's why I said "if not better". I compared them by the operating temp, ebc operating temp upper limit is higher than endless (endless SSS and ebc green stuff) and they both starts from 0C.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Well.. usually when people say "something the same if not better", it means that person has experienced in both items but cannot determine which is better, or the first item is marginally better (in your case EBC). If going by factory spec, yes EBC does sound more attractive, but in actual world, I rather have a quiet, more rotor friendly pads and better initial bite. Then again, this review is solely from a S2k experience, in Euro being a FF car and differnt weight, it may be different.