Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro1011 View Post
    Me too thinking of replacing the brakes on the 04 Euro. I noticed left front disc is uneven (jagged or ripple) all around the front right has a deep scratch on the disc. Each time mechanic say the pads are still good until I notice a loud shudder one day when braking hard. Rear Discs looks ok.
    Now I'm thinking of getting the DBA Street Series (slotted) Rotors and Acre Pads for the fronts and OEM pads for the rear. Has anyone used those mentioned and what do you think of them?
    Also do I need to change the rear disc if the fronts are changed to slotted rotor?

RDA slotted is a bit overkill for a stock euro, It'll cost too much... Not worth it. They all come out of the same factory in china anyhow... Oem pads are too expansive, you can get Hawx pads all round.. eBay is your friend considering Aussie dollar is MORE the us dollar now.

I got front and rear rotors from USA recently, slotted and drilled , under $300 for the lot shipped to my door.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    had the euro serviced today and was told that the front brake pads need doing BUT had approx 5000km left in them........i think he was expecting me to say " go right ahead, cos 5000km of brake pad will be used up in a week?!?!?"

Anyways dont know if i will keep the euro within the next 12 months or so, niggling little things are starting to go wrong with it. In the meantime, i guess the general opinion is to use EBC pads?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    RDA slotted is a bit overkill for a stock euro, It'll cost too much... Not worth it. They all come out of the same factory in china anyhow... Oem pads are too expansive, you can get Hawx pads all round.. eBay is your friend considering Aussie dollar is MORE the us dollar now.

I got front and rear rotors from USA recently, slotted and drilled , under $300 for the lot shipped to my door.
    Hey Fredoops, do you know what's the part number for the front and rear hawk pads and also which brand and rotors did you get? If you can please provide a model number. I may want to get these soon.
    Thanks heaps

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Hey Fredoops, do you know what's the part number for the front and rear hawk pads and also which brand and rotors did you get? If you can please provide a model number. I may want to get these soon.
    Thanks heaps
    just search Acura TSX on ebay lol
    for example:
    mine was
    2004 Acura TSX
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    Me too thinking of replacing the brakes on the 04 Euro. I noticed left front disc is uneven (jagged or ripple) all around the front right has a deep scratch on the disc. Each time mechanic say the pads are still good until I notice a loud shudder one day when braking hard. Rear Discs looks ok.
    Now I'm thinking of getting the DBA Street Series (slotted) Rotors and Acre Pads for the fronts and OEM pads for the rear. Has anyone used those mentioned and what do you think of them?
    Also do I need to change the rear disc if the fronts are changed to slotted rotor?
    I recently changed to DBA basic (street series?) slotted rotors. DBA are better than RDA, and are well known to be of better quality and resistant to warping than OEM. I changed them a week after I got the car as it had severe shudder, and also changed the pads to Bendix General CT. I can't really make a comparison as the car obviously had bad shudder previously, but I have on complaints with the new setup. Brakes are quite, brake very well (seem to be a bit more responsive after a couple of weeks driving), and not much brake dust.

They are not really that expensive as another member said. I think I paid about $300 from supercheap auto. I thought it was better than simply machining my old disks, as I got a brand new pair of better quality rotors that are unlikely to warp anytime soon. There is also no need to change the rear rotors just because you put slotted rotors on the front. Can't help you with the Acre pads as I have never heard of them.

Ollie

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    Thanks Ollie and Fredoops for your feedback.

I'll check out the rotors at SuperCheap. I'm still contemplating on the pads. Saw two types of Hawks on ebay..HPS & PC...not sure which one to get. Price is about $4 difference. Might even check out the Bendix General CT like Ollie mentioned

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    I hear Acre pads are good made in Japan.JDM Yard has them $150 a set.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by opilot87 View Post
    I recently changed to DBA basic (street series?) slotted rotors. DBA are better than RDA, and are well known to be of better quality and resistant to warping than OEM. I changed them a week after I got the car as it had severe shudder, and also changed the pads to Bendix General CT. I can't really make a comparison as the car obviously had bad shudder previously, but I have on complaints with the new setup. Brakes are quite, brake very well (seem to be a bit more responsive after a couple of weeks driving), and not much brake dust.

They are not really that expensive as another member said. I think I paid about $300 from supercheap auto. I thought it was better than simply machining my old disks, as I got a brand new pair of better quality rotors that are unlikely to warp anytime soon. There is also no need to change the rear rotors just because you put slotted rotors on the front. Can't help you with the Acre pads as I have never heard of them.

Ollie
    DBA Slotted are lot more expansive, DBA slotted is $197 RRP EACH so just under $400 for the pair out the front retail, which is not really different from the RDA Slotted, costing $230 for a pair out the front.
    RDA and DBA even use the same factory in China as far as I remember, the only difference is the kangaroo paw design on some of the DBA rotors
    - benefit of the "Kangaroo Paw" isnt all that much unless you drive like a hoon or on race track, in which case it's not the front vented brake disks you'll need to worry about... the rear solid disks will shit itself looooong before your front end dies.

The only DBA rotors thats made in Australia are the 4000 or 5000 series rotors, which is like $400 each...

My Rotors are from 88Rotors Carlifornia, made in the USA as far as im concerned. http://www.88rotors.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    I hear Acre pads are good made in Japan.JDM Yard has them $150 a set.
    The Acre "Superfighter" series they sell here are organic pads... I cant remember who actually tried to sell organic pads for $150 lol..... They arent even Semi metallic. I'd stick with Hawx HPS for the same pricetag. Or spend 10% more and get Hawx Ceramic Pads... it'll last you FOREVER and no dust at all

Look up Hawk HPS online, people have nothign but good things to say about it.. you wont regret it, and it'll last you forever too.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 02-03-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    ive taken my euro for a service by astoria, and they have said front brake pads are worn down to 40% (i believe they are being truthful) cuz my indicators are screeching when i brake at very cold temps. im going to replace the fronts only as the rears still have 80% on it
    im thinking about putting on bendix DB1393 general CT's
    are these easily obtained? ive been going on websites to look at pricing and they seem to be around $70-$80 a pair so im going to be forking out about $140-$160 (not inc shipping i think)
    can supercheap auto/bursons/autobahn provide me with these pads for cheaper?
    and also, i tend to like to whack my car back into 2nd gear n floor it sometimes dont stop till i finish 4th, so i do some heavy stoppage.
    i have a feeling im being a little paranoid, but will these front brake pads improve my stoppage? im sorta sure that im not doing anything diferent than anyone else.

not interested in more expensive brake pads,

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    DBA Slotted are lot more expansive, DBA slotted is $197 RRP EACH so just under $400 for the pair out the front retail, which is not really different from the RDA Slotted, costing $230 for a pair out the front.
    RDA and DBA even use the same factory in China as far as I remember, the only difference is the kangaroo paw design on some of the DBA rotors
    - benefit of the "Kangaroo Paw" isnt all that much unless you drive like a hoon or on race track, in which case it's not the front vented brake disks you'll need to worry about... the rear solid disks will shit itself looooong before your front end dies.

The only DBA rotors thats made in Australia are the 4000 or 5000 series rotors, which is like $400 each...
    I'm running DBA 4000 blanks on the front and standard DBA blanks on the rear. Cost me about $600 all up for front and rear.

The Acre "Superfighter" series they sell here are organic pads... I cant remember who actually tried to sell organic pads for $150 lol..... They arent even Semi metallic. I'd stick with Hawx HPS for the same pricetag. Or spend 10% more and get Hawx Ceramic Pads... it'll last you FOREVER and no dust at all

Look up Hawk HPS online, people have nothign but good things to say about it.. you wont regret it, and it'll last you forever too.
    I used to use Hawk Ceramic pads and they do dust. The dust is brown in colour, but there is still more dust than the original pads. Hawk Ceramic is also a street pad, so I wouldn't be expecting them to give you super high performance braking like what ou can get with the metallic pads.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapdouchebag View Post
    ive taken my euro for a service by astoria, and they have said front brake pads are worn down to 40% (i believe they are being truthful) cuz my indicators are screeching when i brake at very cold temps. im going to replace the fronts only as the rears still have 80% on it
    im thinking about putting on bendix DB1393 general CT's
    are these easily obtained? ive been going on websites to look at pricing and they seem to be around $70-$80 a pair so im going to be forking out about $140-$160 (not inc shipping i think)
    can supercheap auto/bursons/autobahn provide me with these pads for cheaper?
    and also, i tend to like to whack my car back into 2nd gear n floor it sometimes dont stop till i finish 4th, so i do some heavy stoppage.
    i have a feeling im being a little paranoid, but will these front brake pads improve my stoppage? im sorta sure that im not doing anything diferent than anyone else.

not interested in more expensive brake pads,
    As long as you know what part you want, any auto part shop can order the pads for you from the local distributor. Which state are you in? I'm in NSW and I use Streetech which is a family run business in Seven Hills for my parts and the prices have been much cheaper than going through a place like Supercheap or Bursons.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro 6mt
    Dba rotors for $400! you could get a set on J's racing fronts for cheaper! cough cough* click below my name

hahaha

i never tried the acre's but ive tried the hawk ceramics! they were good! way better than stock imo! hehe