Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Bendix GCT are good, but a bit expensive. Honda OEM was pretty good too. Horsepower make decent pads for road use, however they dust like a bitch. I would avoid.

Performance pad wise, I'll go QFM HPX. Apparently, they perform similarly to Bendix Ultimates, but don't dust like a bitch. I'm using them now, ($79 a pair from GSL) and am very happy with them. No squeeks or anything. Haven't taken them to the track yet. Will do that in a few months time. Made in Australia too, so win.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Bendix GCT are good, but a bit expensive. Honda OEM was pretty good too. Horsepower make decent pads for road use, however they dust like a bitch. I would avoid.

Performance pad wise, I'll go QFM HPX. Apparently, they perform similarly to Bendix Ultimates, but don't dust like a bitch. I'm using them now, ($79 a pair from GSL) and am very happy with them. No squeeks or anything. Haven't taken them to the track yet. Will do that in a few months time. Made in Australia too, so win.
    Any recommendation for rotors to match in the similar price range of the QFM pads?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Softcox View Post
    Any recommendation for rotors to match in the similar price range of the QFM pads?
    RDA or DBA? RDA for stock, DBA for if you want a bit more performance. I went DBA 42510s, slotted and for trackwork, set me back $180. If I didn't want the track (T3) one, just slotted, it's $120 DBA2510s (T2). S at the end is for slotted, x is for cross drilled. I wouldn't bother with cross drilled. OEM ones are $70 (DBA street series). I didn't bother asking about the RDA one though.

Ah, sweet. I'm just noting that the HP+ are more aggressive, so more for track, much like the ET500, so they're out for me. HPS vs Ceramic though, how would they compare? And are there anywhere cheaper than H/T? H/T seem to be pushing ET300 though.
    HP+ are something you'd use on a much more serious street car that sees say sees a trackday 6 - 12x a year. These will munch/warp weak rotors so best to use with rotors that made of harder wearing material and heat treated too.

HPS is enough for those that have a car that is more orientated to fun than race. It will accelerate the wear on the stock rotors so best to get something a little more substantial.

Ceramic/CA I think they're called are 1-2 step above OEM [depending on factory brake pad and your car's spec, it might be a downgrade if its a high end 'sport' car]. They're very user friendly, good pedal modulation and good initial bite. Produces very minimal dust too =)

Quote Originally Posted by hogan View Post
    I am going to order new fronts and rears.

Can get the Bendix GCT front and rears DB1265 & DB1393 FOR $127 delivered

or

Hawk Performance HB366Z.681 front Performance Ceramic Brake Pad & rear Hawk Performance HB145Z.570 for $135 plus delivery from states.

The car will just be road use of the 2 considering price which will people go for that are closest to OEM feel and stopping power???
    Quote Originally Posted by hogan View Post
    That from experience? Have you tried both? Think i mite go with the bendix so thanks
    I would go for the Hawks, dislike the Bendix GCTs after bad experiences personally [one time caught fire...] and with friends too... Bendix also make OEM pads for many AUDM cars which is also why I don't like them...

RDA or DBA? RDA for stock, DBA for if you want a bit more performance. I went DBA 42510s, slotted and for trackwork, set me back $180. If I didn't want the track (T3) one, just slotted, it's $120 DBA2510s (T2). S at the end is for slotted, x is for cross drilled. I wouldn't bother with cross drilled. OEM ones are $70 (DBA street series). I didn't bother asking about the RDA one though.
    RDA are made from softer metal for the rotors hence why its cheaper. Apparently they're thinner too? But that's just a claim by someone not me, haven't measured them personally.

DBA you have the Street Series [Plain, Cross Drilled, Slotted], 4000 Series and 5000 Series. If you're going with very mild pads then stick with the Street Series Plain Face or Slotted Face [I don't believe DBA offer Dimpled Face otherwise you could go with that] is more than enough. You only need 4000/5000 when going for pads say like the HPS [4000] or HP+ [5000]
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro2008
    Hey guys,

Anyone used before Akebono brake pads?
    Heard they're pretty good... almost no dust at all...
    Had a look on their website and it's only showing the part number for rear only...

http://www.akebonobrakes.com.au/akeb...log/index.html

Mine is a CU2 Luxury 2008.