Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Can't imagine they would do heaps, but I am sure you will be able to feel a bit of difference. Coz the front is already fairly stiff. But I am getting some anyways sometime soonish, once I have sorted out a few other things
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    so wot order should i get em in?

Member Array
    Car:
    honda mini me
    if you really want a stiff chassis, go get some rollcage..
    i have front and rear strutbar, floorbar, b-pillar, custom trunkbar, and swaybars but i still dont find it stiff enough..lol
    or if you dont want rollcage, add a z-bar that connects to you c-pillar-rearstrutbar and trunkbar.. (emracing or memoryfab make them)
    Crooks&Castles/The Hundreds/Rogue Status reppin!!!!!!!
    ErickShot

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    I think you should do it in this order:

1) Front Strut
    2) Rear Strut
    3) Rear Swaybar
    4) C Pillar Bar
    5) Front Swaybar
    6) B Pillar Bar
    7) Floor Bar
    8) Fender Brace

But it all depends on convenience. The only reason I put C pillar before B pillar is because it doesn't effect people trying to get into the rear seats.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    rear lower tie bar
    front lower tie bar

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    we've been talking on the california sol board about the possiblity of using an expanding foam injected into the frame rails on our cars. This is a rather common modification among the old ford mustang owners... basically consists for using a two part expanding foam thats meant for chasis reinforcement being applied into the hollow frame rails, reinforcing them from flex. On the del sol's especially, the flex that causes the problems is from the front to the back of the car, not side to side, so all of these pillar bars, floor braces, etc are worthless

also, keep in mind adding braces isn't necessarily better. I ran at a test and tune day at the track(autox, not drag) and was consistently running about a second and a half faster WITHOUT a rear strut tower bar than with it in.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I would personally do it in this order (based on most effective first)

1. Rear Swaybar with tiebar
    2. Rear Strut (if hatch, otherwise swap with #3)
    3. Front Strut
    4. Front Swaybar
    5. C Pillar Bar
    6. B Pillar Bar
    7. Floor Bar
    8. Fender Brace
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

would you see a need to upgrade the oem front strut bar on a integra ?

wanna make it stiffer just got the swaybar thinking the rear strut and then on from there

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman
    we've been talking on the california sol board about the possiblity of using an expanding foam injected into the frame rails on our cars. This is a rather common modification among the old ford mustang owners... basically consists for using a two part expanding foam thats meant for chasis reinforcement being applied into the hollow frame rails, reinforcing them from flex. On the del sol's especially, the flex that causes the problems is from the front to the back of the car, not side to side, so all of these pillar bars, floor braces, etc are worthless

also, keep in mind adding braces isn't necessarily better. I ran at a test and tune day at the track(autox, not drag) and was consistently running about a second and a half faster WITHOUT a rear strut tower bar than with it in.
    With regards to the foam how durable is it? I have read that after a period of time more foam needs to be injected as it shrinks.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3aKi3
    With regards to the foam how durable is it? I have read that after a period of time more foam needs to be injected as it shrinks.
    there is foam designed specifically for injecting into a chasis for this purpose. I haven't ever heard anything about it shrinking, in fact the way it works, I really don't think you could even inject more foam if you wanted to.

you are running a rear ITR swaybar?? are you sure the sound you are hearing isn't the bar ripping your subframe??

hmmm to counteract that - you should invest in a trunk bar and C pillar bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by type one
    you are running a rear ITR swaybar?? are you sure the sound you are hearing isn't the bar ripping your subframe??

hmmm to counteract that - you should invest in a trunk bar and C pillar bar.
    see, I disagree... the proper way to counteract the subframe tearing out is by properly reinforcing it