Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integera

Integra Air Intake???

Hey Guys, just wondering of any one can help me...!

I just bought a K&N inbox panel filter for my 95' GSi teg and wanted to know if anyone has removed the stock intake pipes on their teg and replaced it with a better intake system. I was thinking of doing a direct air intake using different pipeing so my wheels can get better cold air intake. can anyone give me some advise on how to do it or where should i mount the pipes to get the maximum intak.....?

Cheers

There is no rule that you have to introduce yourself before asking a model specific question.

The best place to mount the filter in my opinion is in the wheel guard behind the front bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by CJL
    I see this is your first post, their is a introduction section for a reason not just there for decoration...
    are you telling us that people need to introduce themselves now?
    i've always thought of forum intros as a display of attention seeking...

*and i'd have thought a moderator would know better than to spam a thread with unrelated text.

back on topic-
    Any particular reason you purchased a panel filter for a gsi?

I've looked into making an airbox that could accommodate a panel filter, so that i could put a velocity stack onto the end of the intake arm- behind the filter... but i decided it was too hard to make a nice shaped airbox that would fit neatly.
    And so it begins...

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    This thread may or may not be useful to you
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26174

Member Array
    Car:
    Nil
    its not an actual panel filter, its more of a pod style
    on my old gsi i had a k&n and removed all the piping and resonator

might of helped a bit, and slight noise increase - but not much

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 S2 Chaser, DC4, S5
    i have a home-job cai on my 96 teg at the mo'. Beats the panel filter hands down, i can give you a d.i.y in a word doc with a heap of other goodies if you want a specific detailed process!! just PM me!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integera
    Sorry guys...i didnt know i had to introduce myself before i posted but yeah i live in norhtern suburbs and recently purchased my teg off a mate who has gone to study overseas + i got the car for cheap considering that it has low K's.

I was considering buying a pod filter but a few guys told me that it would do the opposite and suck all the hot air from the engine bay. so i bought the K&N and wanted to make my owne air intake...!