Member Array
    Car:
    1989 prelude SI

rubber strips under windows

hey some prick decied it would be funny and key my car....the damage was done on the black strips which are located where the window winds down i guess where you sit you arm when the windows down...just tryin to find out where i can replacments of these...i took what was left of the strip off and painted it black but still looks really dodgy...any help
    cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Accird Euro
    So he keyed your car only on that black strip? Wot a moron. Well actually its a good thing that he wasn't smart enough to scratch your paint coz that would be even worse.

Anyway you don't really have to replace it just coz of the scratch. Strip it entirely, then use plastic primer and vinyil paint. Or if worse comes worse call a wrecker like pick 'n' payless. I remember I was lucky enough to find 2 smashed white 3rd gens there.

Good luck.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 Honda Prelude VTI-R
    you can get them at the dealer, but they are $131.50ea.

do any of u guys know how much the plastic strip thing across the bottom of the back window costs? (gen 4 lude) - im thinking of just painting it with vinyl paint, but a little concerned about results and how it will look compared to the side strips and the rest

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1993 Prelude VTiR
    Hey all

I've got the same problem with my rear window too...

The strip on the bottom of the window has now become rusted, most likely due to the wiper rubbing against it after each pass.

Can this strip be just removed and replaced?? or does the whole rear window need to be replaced just because of this? If so then its probably not worth it!

Or as mentioned above, be just resprayed. But I am worried the paint would just peel again in time...

Anywhere in Melbourne who can supply this strip? What cost?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    You can recondition it yourself, or buy a brand new one for roughly $150 fron honda

-az