Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '94 VTiR Teg

aftermarket seat install help

hey guys,

most likely going to be purchasing a set of aftermarket seats, which come with 'universal rails'.

can anybody suggest a place in melbourne (pref western suburbs) to get them installed? any idea on the cost involved?

my understanding is that my stock rails will need to be modified to suit.

thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    I just purchases some on the weekend my self with universal rails they are no where near universal so what i am doing is fitting my original honda rails to the seat
    I stripped the padding off the bottom seat and removed the top
    now i have to work out the exact potion of them and get them welded up
    if you get the offset right and mark them strip them just get them welded up and it will fit stright in

thats if you wanna save some money and do some work your self

Member Array
    is that road worthy?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    I dunno?
    How else would it be done?

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 VTiR Teg
    thanks, i guess thats what i'll need to do..

no, its not roadworthy unless u get it engineered. but how many people here have truly roadworthy cars anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 + EK
    Ive got a pair of momo seats in my dc2.......you can actually buy sparco sliders that will bolt up to the seat and then either buy the brackets to mount em to the floor off ebay or get them custom made..

I got my brackets off ebay and they bolted up to the rails fine but didnt perfectly match to the holes in the floor which is easily fixed.....

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    I got a momo seat in mine too, just had a place modiify my rails to fit the seat....
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 VTiR Teg
    how much did that cost you, if you dont mind me asking.. going hunting for a workshop tomorrow, hoping not to get a heart attack

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    cost me a fair bit but i went to an expensive shop, one of the leading ARC teams. was about $250 or $300.

I figured i wanted the best for the thing that holds me in the car though, and they fitted the seat to my last car that was written off and the seat (and its mounts which held up fine) saved me from getting injured.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Autobarn, Universal rail for $70.00 Im getting one so I'll let you know if it fits.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by [XsCaPe]
    thanks, i guess thats what i'll need to do..

no, its not roadworthy unless u get it engineered. but how many people here have truly roadworthy cars anyway

Since the seat keeps you in the car I think it is a good idea to get it done properly. Would want to injure yourself let alone a innocent passenger you are driving when you have a accident and the go flying through the windscreen?

Insurance companies and unroadworthy cars don’t mix. If you have an unroadworthy car which is an accident you may not get any compensation at all!.
    Not matter if the accident is your fault or not i wouldnt want to be sitting in an unsafe car at high speeds because of a few dollars and and looks.

Quote Originally Posted by tegraa
    Since the seat keeps you in the car I think it is a good idea to get it done properly. Would want to injure yourself let alone a innocent passenger you are driving when you have a accident and the go flying through the windscreen?

Insurance companies and unroadworthy cars don’t mix. If you have an unroadworthy car which is an accident you may not get any compensation at all!.
    Not matter if the accident is your fault or not i wouldnt want to be sitting in an unsafe car at high speeds because of a few dollars and and looks.

You beat me to it!

Well said.. You don't want to risk your lives or your passengers for the sake of saving a couple of $$$.