Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

2005 Turkish Grand Prix - Istanbul (discussion)

alota things have happened over the summer break... driver changes etc for 06
    not to mention me playing f105 bout 100 times

but finally! after 3 long weeks of waiting, the formula 1 circus is back on the road...
    in the first two practice sessions... mclaren as usual are at the top of the time sheets... no suprise there..
    it'll be interesting to see how the race plays out... n where ferarri (michael) ends up.... will they be able to keep their pace from Hungry?
    and can Sato get another finish in the points...?

should be a good one!
    Last edited by ^^v; 20-08-2005 at 03:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    Iam looking forward to it..
    BUT eventhough it is a new circuit, It will not be a live coverage!!.. Poor ass channel ** ..

Last year we had live coverage with CHINA GP because it was a new circuit.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by TwEigh
    Last year we had live coverage with CHINA GP because it was a new circuit.
    Are u in Australia? Cause the only reason it was 'close' to live is because we have similar time zones....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    huh? what do u mean?

Here in perth, it will be aired at 10.30pm (perth time).
    in turkey, the race will start at 8pm (perth time)

hes talking about china...
    how it was closer to our timezone... so ch 10 decided to show it live (in the afternoon) instead of delaying it 5 hrz..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    I think there is more reason than that.
    How about Malaysia and japan? channel 10 never show it live.

Australia and USA are the only 2 GP that channel 10 showed live so far this year.

well in perth, in average channel 10 usually air the show 2.5 - 3 hours after the GP started

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    One thing which will be a factor is the running order for qualifying. On a new track with low grip, it will seriously hurt the drivers out first. Mainly Coulthard and Montoya, but also to a certain extent Alonso.

Live races I can think of are: China, USA, Canada, Melbourne, Brazil (?)

I think McLaren and Toyota will both qualify high, due to abit more data then everyone else running 3 cars out there.

Webber was 3rd fastest at one stage in Friday Practice, but now his way down the field.

I'm going with McLaren 1-2 for now.

i got a feeling Jenson will be up there for Qualifying... maybe a front row start...
    the BAR's were looking strong in Saturday practice...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    Quote Originally Posted by ^^v
    alota things have happened over the summer break... driver changes etc for 06
    not to mention me playing f105 bout 100 times

but finally! after 3 long weeks of waiting, the formula 1 circus is back on the road...
    in the first two practice sessions... mclaren as usual are at the top of the time sheets... no suprise there..
    it'll be interesting to see how the race plays out... n where ferarri (michael) ends up.... will they be able to keep their pace from Hungry?
    and can Sato get another finish in the points...?

should be a good one!

HEY IM TURKISH! LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Great stuff, new track, lots of qualifying action. I love it... being a high downforce track suits the Williams and the BARs had great pace in practice, but both had disasterous qualifying laps!! But not as bad as Michael, who has not shown pace and went off the track in qualifying. Looks like he'll be at the back this race and will probably not progress very far.

Ferrari continue to slide and the McLaren vs Renault rages still.

-Viv-

aiiyaaa...
    so shattered bout the two BAR's qualifying...
    turn 8 got em both (not to mention a few other drivers)...
    13th n 20th... ...
    oh well it was an incident filled session

hmm i feel that Pablo might be fueled up for the race.... just have to wait n see i guess... n kimi.. miles ahead as usual...

n i must say.. the Bridgestones aint performing at all on this track... the two ferraris r some way off the pace...