Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    hahaha in turkey a race thats a first lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ^^v
    i got a feeling Jenson will be up there for Qualifying... maybe a front row start...
    the BAR's were looking strong in Saturday practice...
    You got it half right! Interesting line up for the race, cant wait to see the highlights of it on rpm this arvo, looked like a great session.
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Qualifying times:

Kimi 1.26.797
    Fisichella 1.27.039

If that is Kimi's race pace, my god.
    Juan can usually match him, so if Juan is filled more then Kimi bye bye Renault.

TAKUMA Sato will start tonight's Turkish Grand Prix from the wrong end of the grid after race officials deleted his qualifying time following an incident during qualifying overnight.

Sato made a mistake on his qualifying lap then held up Australia's Mark Webber when he cruised round on his slowing-down lap in an effort to conserve fuel for the race.

Sato defended himself by claiming there was "a radio interference problem" between him and his team but Webber, who was furious and stormed through the paddock after his lap, said he had no excuses for poor driving.

"They said there were communications problems but even still if he can't talk to the team it's his job," said Williams driver Webber.

"On your in-lap the main priority is fuel and check where the other guy is.

"He stuffed his qualifying lap up, he saved a lot of fuel and he stuffed up my lap. It's a very important corner to get right and it's even harder to get right when there's traffic.

"I came round there and I thought he's got a problem and he'll do his best to get out of the way. He didn't have a problem but he tried in the end to get out of the way. I had to go to the inside and lost a quarter of a second."

Webber finished the session with the seventh fastest time but was beaten by his sixth-placed team-mate Nick Heidfeld by just 0.015 seconds and may have even had a shot at fifth placed Jarno Trulli were it not for Sato's obstruction.

Both drivers were called in front of the stewards as part of the investigation into the incident and the governing body, the FIA, said Sato had "illegitimately impeded" Webber during the qualifying session.

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Poor guy, he's not having a good time of it. But seriously, if you're driving that slowly, look in your mirrors and get off the racing line! Not a very smart display of driving, but I'll have to wait and have a look at it on RPM.

Sure was action packed.

James and Martin and even our blokes gave Sato a fair flaming for it, and rightly so!

Subaru y0!

yeah he was at fault there... shoulda got right outa the way if the situation was unavoidable...
    gotta feel sorry for the bloke though... hes under HUGE pressure to perform... n he recently became a father...
    Last edited by ^^v; 21-08-2005 at 07:24 PM.

I no, IMO he really has to start getting serious points to stay in F1

Subaru y0!

Sato said radio was broken, Nick Fry said he (Sato) had his finger on the radio.

Doesn't matter, only a few more races and he'll be gone!
    Doesn't deserve that seat, same car as jenson last year and did sweet F all with it.

yeah I heard he didnt have the radio working, however, you would be expecting the car to come through on its lap and to be in his position is just hopeless.

Subaru y0!

During GP2 it was raining.
    Could have our first wet race in 2 years I think it is.
    By the time the F1 guys get on, I bet it clears up.

But from what I been reading new tarmac and water don't mix at all.
    Someone explained it as "the GP2 race was like watching drunk midgets on ice!"

I sure as hell hope its raining, should make things a little challenging for everyone

Subaru y0!