Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    n/a

6 by 9s making vibration noise

Hello guys I need some help here. I had someone installed my pioneer 6 by 9s in my 97 model ek hatch, however the speakers would just vibrate and making the distortion noise whenever I play a song with heavy bass, and my volume is not even turned up. I have checked everything, and nothing is loose, the installer said you need sound proofings for civics. I find it hard to believe as it’s not like I am running a big system, all I have is just upgraded speakers and a deck. Does anyone have the same problem or it could be faulty speakers? Thank heaps guys.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Euro Sport 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by xtercii
    Hello guys I need some help here. I had someone installed my pioneer 6 by 9s in my 97 model ek hatch, however the speakers would just vibrate and making the distortion noise whenever I play a song with heavy bass, and my volume is not even turned up. I have checked everything, and nothing is loose, the installer said you need sound proofings for civics. I find it hard to believe as it’s not like I am running a big system, all I have is just upgraded speakers and a deck. Does anyone have the same problem or it could be faulty speakers? Thank heaps guys.
    in my old commo, my mate installed my system for me, which was exact same setup as another mate:
    Alpine 9831 hu, type r 6 x 9s, type r 6.5's, rockford fostgate amp for sub etc

only difference in setups was my mate bought 2 amps, 1 for the sub other for speakers... after we had both had our systems installed, mine would distort at much lower volumes etc... and it was because the HU's power amp for speakers etc has no where near the same power as an amp etc and couldnt run 4 speakers as efficient as my mates setup using an amp for the speakers... so try amping them up etc?

sorry for waffling on... and if my explanation wasnt clear, but yeah, thats pretty much similar problem i've had mate, and by amping up the speakers, the difference was incredible.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Thank you for the reply, but my speakers started making distortion noise at very low volume, put it this way, I can pump up the music louder in my dad’s camry’s factory speakers and still not making that distortion noise. That’s why it’s frustrating, after forking out nearly a grand it can’t even pump up louder than a camry.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    No one? Anybody ever had any similar problems when putting in a system in their EK hatch?

the speakers are new ???? it could be a fault with the speaker??? bring it back where you bought it and ask them to check it out for you, should be still understand warranty. sounds like the speakers are busted, cause it shouldnt distort under low vol. You running amp with the amp or not?

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Yeah the speakers are brand new and I am just running a very basic set up, 4 pioneer speakers and a deck, no amp or subs. The installer tells me it’s a common problem for civics and it needs sound proofing, but I have seen older civics with a heaps better system pumping hard with no problems.

no offence but ur installer sounds like a tool. Speakers shouldnt distort at low levels full stop. You only need sound proofing if you are experiencing vibrations. Take the speakers back, they must be stuffed. Either that or the wiring is screwed but most likely seems to be the speakers. Even my stock setup didnt distort til it was loud enough to hurt my ears lol.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Thanks a lot for you ppl’s help. Hopefully it’s only the speaker’s problem. By the way does vibration happen easily to cars like civic?

maybe ur bass is jacked up too much? but then again, it still should distort that early.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    No way the bass is jacked up too much, I have already turned it down so much that if I turn it any lower I mite as well listen to my ring tone. And I really don’t know the difference b/w distortion and vibration cos I am really new to car audio, can someone explain a bit?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Euro Sport 6MT
    i still highly recommend not running all 4 speakers simply off the headunit, especially if you only paid under a grand simply because the built in amp on your headunit may not be powerful enough to power all 4 speakers at any higher volumes than when it distorts if you know what i mean? like, mine didnt start distorting until around 17... whereas my mate who amped his up could turn his to the max (i think its around 32 - 34) without it distorting. and this system cost my around $2500 all up... the headunit's rrp alone was over a grand when i bought it.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    i thought my head unit is not too shabby, it's a pioneer deh-p8650, thought it would be enuff to run some basic speakers or it wouldn't?