1.3 and 1.5l Jazz

does anyone know whether the 1.3l and 1.5l jazz share the same engine design? i mean would the same header that fits on a 1.5l jazz fit on a 1.3l jazz??? please enlighten me.... thanx

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Yes they would....they come from the same "L" series, so parts are interchangeable. You can even put the vtec head from the 1.5 on the 1.3 block.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10
    Yes they would....they come from the same "L" series, so parts are interchangeable. You can even put the vtec head from the 1.5 on the 1.3 block.
    I'm curious.. By changing the stock 1.3 head to the 1.5 VTEC head, what kind of gains am I gonna expect? Rather, whats the use for changing the 2 heads??

Sorry if I sound stupid asking.. I'm not very sure myself.. Hee..

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Mate I have no idea why you would bother....I have just seen it done in Japan. I was using it more as an example as to how similar the 2 engines are.

One can only assume that the results would not gain you more power than if you used the 1.5 block.....