Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL

How to set correct camber?

I have some camber kits for my car, and im going to put them on sometime soon, but how can I work out what the best amount of camber is for me?

From my understanding you want your tyre to have as much contact with the road as possible, so you can attain the most amount of grip.

Now, what I am thinking of doing is next track day at my favorite track (Phillip Island) I get a tyre temp meter and after each session find out the temps for the outer, middle, and inside of the tyre. This will tell me which part of the tyre is being used the most (hottest area), therefore I can +/- my camber til I get a nice even temp reading.

Am I talking a load of crap, or will this work. Or is there a much easier way that I am not thinking of?

*By the way this is for a track car, will see minimal road use
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTIS
    take it to a suspension place....they ahve a test i think...they can adjust it for you...
    WTB: [SYD] Cheap Gen 2 CRX (or shell)

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    -1camber or a bit more if it's only a track car, but I would only do 1 degree.
    Mega Asian Thread ONLY!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    depends on track or road. Normal roads need very little camber cos the road is almost even unless you drive to the left where it slopes to the gutter. SO neutral camber to save tyres i think is best.
    If it is track see what camber the race guys are using on the track i'm sure that will be the best indication.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I would probably set camber via a proper alignment machine. Not too sure about measuring heat dispersion as a means of working out optimal camber levels.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

This is an intresting article about a doing a DIY wheel alignment

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/a.../alignment.php

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    good site weez. some other good diy's!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    I would probably set camber via a proper alignment machine. Not too sure about measuring heat dispersion as a means of working out optimal camber levels.
    I agree with wyn that you should have your camber set at a proper alignment because if your camber isn't the same on your, for e.g., rear tyres then they will begin to wear unevenly. And later when you find out your camber settings are not the same on your rear tyres and try to fix it up, you will find the tyre wear will upset your handling.

For all these sussy settings its really about personal preference. You can also do some research and see what other people use. For e.g. I know about of DC5s use -2 at the front and -1 at the back which makes a hell of a difference for handling.