Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Mr_Will

Putting aside what you say about dyno comparisons (which is fair enough)- you are the first person I have heard say 98 ron will produce less power than 95 ron in a car rated as 95 min

I have definately heard people say (like Wyn) it may be no better unless you get an ECU remap, etc - but saying it will produce LESS power on the stock ECU tune - is news to me.

Eg - look at this article - my understanding is the MY99 WRX was tuned for 95 ron just like the Euro. Accepting what you say about dyno comparisons - it didn't show less power. Same with the Audi S2 in the breakout article.

http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/article.html?&A=0429

Now maybe we are all wrong - but perhaps you should explain more than just say we should do some research on "ECUs, and EFI".

Maybe I should get my Euro dynoed 5 times with 95 ron (to minimise the dyno variances) and then 5 times with 98 ron. Average out all the numbers, etc.

If the 98 ron averages lower than the 95 ron - you pay for all the dynos and pay me $100. If the 95 ron averages higher than the 98 ron - i pay for the dynos and give you $100. Still willing to bet the $100?
    Last edited by yfin; 14-11-2005 at 10:57 PM.