Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro Lux.
    Before the euro i owned a hyundai excel - and i could feel the difference in that when i cheap fuel was used as opposed to shell / BP...

As for the euro i got slightly better ecconmy with BP 98 than BP 95 - i only get 98 due to its clensing properties....

I still dont quite understand your argument Mr Will - We are talking about little minor adjustments to timing which in the grand scheme of things really means stuff all on a stock motor car - i doubt many people would acually feel the difference between 140kW and 150kW let alone 140kW Vs 139.5kW if infact your argument is valid (which i can see no reason for there not to be)... Say i do loose power - i'll spend 30 mins indexing my plugs and i will have it back again - more than one way to skin a cat

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec83
    Before the euro i owned a hyundai excel - and i could feel the difference in that when i cheap fuel was used as opposed to shell / BP...

As for the euro i got slightly better ecconmy with BP 98 than BP 95 - i only get 98 due to its clensing properties....

I still dont quite understand your argument Mr Will - We are talking about little minor adjustments to timing which in the grand scheme of things really means stuff all on a stock motor car - i doubt many people would acually feel the difference between 140kW and 150kW let alone 140kW Vs 139.5kW if infact your argument is valid (which i can see no reason for there not to be)... Say i do loose power - i'll spend 30 mins indexing my plugs and i will have it back again - more than one way to skin a cat
    im pretty sure most people will be able to tell the difference between 140kw and 150kw...if you cant, then by all means dont bother advancing your timing.
    timing would make more than 0.5kw difference here, its about taking avantage of the better quality (higher RON) fuel, there is a point to it, but again, if you dont agree, dont do it, its that simple
    i dont know what youre talking about with 'indexing your plugs', can you please explain this further

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro Lux.
    Indexing you plugs involves placing washers under all/some of you spark plugs so that the gaps all point in the same direction - a little towards the intake valve... its easy enough to do just mark down where the gap is with a marker and screw the plug in - if the mark (gap) doesn't point a little to the intake valves put a washer under it to make the spark plug thread a little shorter... add washers till all the marks are in the same position and you are done

Its an old school v8 tuners trick to get a few extra hp - just helps to achive a more complete burn in the combustion process - i've seen a 2kW increase out of a turbo car by doing this You can do it in your driveway and take a punt but a dyno is the best way as you can see the effects of different positions to obtain an optimal result