Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stock 5th Gen Ride Height

hey all,

does anyone know what the ride height between the guard and the wheel is supposed to be for the front and back of the accords.. i have a 94 model, and it looks like a 4WD.. its depressing to look at and every other accord stock still seems to sit lower than mine at the front..

was just wondering if anyone has pics of their rides stock so i can compare or even if they know the measurements theirs are..

i will take pics of mine soon and post it so u can see how depressed i am.. LOL

thanks

lol i think all 5th gen Accords have a higher front end... im not sure on the measurements, but i heard some ppl swap their back springs to the front and their front to their backs to lower their fronts... im not sure on this... ive only heard about it, but havent seen it. But yeah my Accord sits high up aswell and its depressing if you stare at it... or your parked next to a lowered car lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    What I noticed is that my front tyres are smaller than my back tyres, that could be a element adding to the fact that it looks higher at the front
    e.g.
    my accord before was way 4wd

solution:
    Adding 40kg weights at the front and back to give the car that more lowered look
    e.g. my accord now

nah just jokin, if you rekon your accord looks depressing get it dropped, I got my dumped 3.5" on kmacs and it looks ALOT different than it did before.

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    also to add

u cant swap accord springs front to back - back to front

fronts are smaller than the rears

kenny
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Member Array
    Car:
    96 JDM Legend 'Exclusive'
    Haha, I remember my accord at stock height. I swear I could fit my head in the gap in the front.

Nothing a set of springs can't fix.

And you will find that every accord can be slightly different height, but close. Could have different OEM replacement shocks/springs etc.

Raz
    Cars
    1996 KA9 JDM Honda Legend 'Exclusive'

yeah i no i no.. its a big difference, like with mine i can fit my fist comfortably in sideways so my pinky is on the tyre and thumb touching the guard (on the back) and with the front it seems i could fit a fist and still have room to spare.. lol.. i could cry sometimes, i just thought that perhaps my car may be raised a little higher for stock, cause also i have seen other stock ride height accords and they still seem lower than mine..

at the moment this is my car.. ive always known it to be high, but then i took this photo yesterday and thought WTF.. something needs to be done.. lol

these photos are how the car sits now.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

*sobz*

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

*sobz some more*

Mike

Member Array
    Car:
    Here's some pics. I hate posting pic of my accord when it was stock.

Before:

After:

Raz
    Cars

u may hate posting them, but it must make u feel good knowing what u started with and wot u now have achieved.. looks good man congratz

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    Quote Originally Posted by razaman
    Here's some pics. I hate posting pic of my accord when it was stock.

Before:

After:

Raz
    How many inches did you lower it man?

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    u dun juts swap ur front and rear springs.. they r diff spring rates... that has got to be the worst way to lower the front... shocking

Member Array
    Car:
    Cars dropped approx 1.9" or 45mm. Left me with a 4cm (2 1/2 finger) gap.

Daily driver with 2 kids.

Using lovells and still running stock shocks....been lowered for two years now. My stockers must have been quite new when I picked up the car, no sagging, no bottoming out, not bumpy. No complaints.

Raz
    Cars