Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BA Falcon XR6

Rear speakers in GEN 2 CRX

Hey all,

Can anyone tell me what was the size of the speakers in the factory rear location of a GEN 2 CRX?

I was thinking of maybe putting some speakers there nstead of a sub in the boot, getting a bit older you see.

I haven't looked in the back for ages but if someone here knows what size speakers should go there you could save me the effort of finding out for myself... Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    for which crx?

the delsol in your avatar or the 88-91 model.?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    for which crx?

the delsol in your avatar or the 88-91 model.?
    i maybe wrong, but CRX's from the 88-91 model don't have rear speakers. that is ones that can't be measured easily.

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    8 inches
    but its not very deep for a decent speaker + too much rattle as its mounted on the plastic only.

Member Array
    Car:
    It's all JDM Baby!
    Remover your rear speaker covers, make a piece of mdf that screws onto the back of the metal speaker mount that is attached to the body of the car. Get the mdf and cut a speaker hole into it and mount the speaker, then attach this speaker + mdf surround to the back of the metal speaker mount. I have been told by professional installers that you can get a pair of 6x9s in this way, but the it's a fairly shallow space. I have 6.5" splits in the front with a 10" sub and it sounds awesome. I know you're probably trying to preserve boot space but you can always put stuff behind the seats. 10" - 12" subs you can pickup new in a box for $100 -$120 when autobarn has them on sale, I got my amp for $50 second hand so there isn't really any extra cost in putting a sub in, you just need really good front speakers too.

Member Array
    Car:
    It's all JDM Baby!
    have u got a gen2 or gen3?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BA Falcon XR6
    I have both Gen2 and Gen 3 right now... I was refering to the Gen2 88-91.

It has the speaker covers and remander of old cables that ran to it in the rear but no speakers. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what size the should be so i could just buy a piar and whck them in.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    You can fit some 6x9's in there..
    Some 6x9's will fit, some wont. as a friend here did it, but i tried to fit 6x9's wouldn't fit heheeh

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRX
    I made a piece of wood of goes between the gap, and fitted in a 3 way 6.5"
    it sounded pretty good.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BA Falcon XR6
    That might be the way to go then Buneyha I am kind of tired of subs and some 6.5 3 way wold fix that.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Cheers.