Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

X-Force Twin Loop Review - Sound Clips inc :D

This is a product review of the X-Force Twin Loop S10 muffler, as supplied by egSi...

Well, for God knows how long I have been in pursuit of changing the muffler on my car, 97 Civic VTi coupe. There were so many complications (mostly insurance related) but I am finally happy

I wanted a nice deep purr, not a loud farty buzz, and when I heard about the XFTL I knew that was what I wanted. Thanks to Trav for helping me out with my questions months in advance of the purchase and for the speedy transaction once I finally came around to buying one. He is great to do business with, but you already knew that

So that I could keep my old system intact, I got a spare stock muffler (thanks nobbs ) so the stock over-axle pipe could be used to weld the XFTL onto. After speaking to a couple of exhaust places and receiving a rude and dishonest response to my wishes of sticking a 2.5" inlet muffler onto stock 1.75" pipe, I was delighted with the guys at Kirrawee Mufflers when they said "Yeah no problem...$60....bring it back in an hour".

So I went for a cruise, came back and they were done inside half an hour. In fact I was so impressed with their honest, no-bull service that when I realised they charged me 60 cents by mistake I took the $60 the next day.

I had a grin on my face the whole way home, I couldnt stop saying to my mate "Its just how I wanted!!"

So here are the results; XFTL muffler 2.5" straight onto stock system.

BEFORE - http://www.geocities.com/session_51/stockoutside.wav (RC,STA)

AFTER - http://www.geocities.com/session_51/twinloopoutside.wav (RC,STA)

These clips were taken with a computer microphone from around 2m behind the car.

While you are driving, you can hear a small difference when you are on throttle (throaty grrrrr), when no throttle is applied it hardly sounds different and when you back off the gas it gives a nice VVVVvvvvmmmm. Of course, when you are vteccing it the engine is louder than the muffler.

And that, as they say, is that!

Thanks to
    Alex
    Trav
    Kirrawee Mufflers

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    oooooh!! how cools is this!!

sweet as man, post some pics of it on ur car!
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Geocities wont let me listen to the clips damnit !!! I wanna hear it, good write up though, Im thinking of getting a twin loop myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari
    Geocities wont let me listen to the clips damnit !!! I wanna hear it, good write up though, Im thinking of getting a twin loop myself.
    If you Save Target As it should work, I tested it on another computer. It won't let you just click on it and listen you have to download the file.

Heres some piccies:

Are all the outlet diameter the same??

Looks very good on your civic man, doesn't look too big and I'm sure it sounds way better then them cannons you see!

Quote Originally Posted by bubblecivic
    Are all the outlet diameter the same??

Looks very good on your civic man, doesn't look too big and I'm sure it sounds way better then them cannons you see!
    Thanks mate, I'm pretty sure all the outlets are the same, but you'd have to ask egSi to be sure

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    of coarse it sounds good haha

seriously, inlets: 2.25 + 2.5 + 3"

good stuff guys, thanks for the review man.

best muffler on the market imo.
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    link is still dead.
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    yep, I have tried on 3 computers, the link is not working

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    work fine here!

Hmmm thats strange...

Maybe if a mod could host it on the ozhonda webspace it would work for everyone.

Member Array
    Car:
    DENIED LS Integra
    Works for me