Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    geocities has a bandwidth limit. That's probably why some ppl can access it and some can't... i think geocities limit them by the hour or something, but i know they limit bandwidth on webspace

Nice review man!! Nice sound clips too - a very noticeable diff. and improvement between before and after!

soz whats the muffler tip diameter on urs?

The very end of the tip is 3 inches.As you can see from the pic it comes out of the muffler a bit smaller (prob 2.5)and then expands to 3.

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    ITS NOT WORKING .. stop teasing us

Member Array
    Car:
    cj lancer 4B11 powa. nawt
    how did you manage to attached the 2.5 to the 1.75? i am looking at doing the same
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Mate i've got one from EgSi also.That's exactly the same experience i've had with these mufflers.
    I've had the same satisfaction. Only i have a full exhaust system 4-1 headers , hi-flow cat, 2 1/4 mandrel bent.

This is the perfect muffler if you want noise only when you hit it hard.
    Great for the sleeper look and keeping away nasty cops.

Thanks again EgSi

Quote Originally Posted by vtecchie
    This is a product review of the X-Force Twin Loop S10 muffler, as supplied by egSi...

Well, for God knows how long I have been in pursuit of changing the muffler on my car, 97 Civic VTi coupe. There were so many complications (mostly insurance related) but I am finally happy

I wanted a nice deep purr, not a loud farty buzz, and when I heard about the XFTL I knew that was what I wanted. Thanks to Trav for helping me out with my questions months in advance of the purchase and for the speedy transaction once I finally came around to buying one. He is great to do business with, but you already knew that

So that I could keep my old system intact, I got a spare stock muffler (thanks nobbs ) so the stock over-axle pipe could be used to weld the XFTL onto. After speaking to a couple of exhaust places and receiving a rude and dishonest response to my wishes of sticking a 2.5" inlet muffler onto stock 1.75" pipe, I was delighted with the guys at Kirrawee Mufflers when they said "Yeah no problem...$60....bring it back in an hour".

So I went for a cruise, came back and they were done inside half an hour. In fact I was so impressed with their honest, no-bull service that when I realised they charged me 60 cents by mistake I took the $60 the next day.

I had a grin on my face the whole way home, I couldnt stop saying to my mate "Its just how I wanted!!"

So here are the results; XFTL muffler 2.5" straight onto stock system.

BEFORE - http://www.geocities.com/session_51/stockoutside.wav (RC,STA)

AFTER - http://www.geocities.com/session_51/twinloopoutside.wav (RC,STA)

These clips were taken with a computer microphone from around 2m behind the car.

While you are driving, you can hear a small difference when you are on throttle (throaty grrrrr), when no throttle is applied it hardly sounds different and when you back off the gas it gives a nice VVVVvvvvmmmm. Of course, when you are vteccing it the engine is louder than the muffler.

And that, as they say, is that!

Thanks to
    Alex
    Trav
    Kirrawee Mufflers
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 Honda Prelude VTI-R
    I can't get the clip. Could some one else host it somewhere else as well.PLZ

Quote Originally Posted by Denchy
    how did you manage to attached the 2.5 to the 1.75? i am looking at doing the same
    They just welded in an intermediate step (of about 2" pipe)

The length of the muffler is such that if welded straight onto the stock pipe it would not be long enough to reach the rear of the car anyway, so they just welded the muffler to about 10cm of new pipe (2.5">new bit>1.75") and then attached that to the stock pipe.

If you go to a shop and they won't do that, and want to charge you to upgrade all your piping larger, walk outta there

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    The links will work. You can right click on the link then select save as, and save it to you computer. After the download finish you can listen to the clip.

I have also bought the twin-loop from egSI, And i like the sound not too loud, and still can enjoy my music. Here some picture of my.

Last edited by TKO; 31-08-2005 at 04:30 PM.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    looks good man
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    ok it seems like its working now.. maybe not work late @ night.. shrugs***