Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: amp kit

Member Array
    Car:
    euro

amp kit

hey guys newbie here. im getting a new amp(pioneer) in soon and i was wondering if any amp kit will do. just wondering if different amp kit give off different quality of sound ? curious question.
    Any recommendations on where i would be able to get a simple n cheap amp kit from ? (sydney)

it might be better to actually buy the cables separately. Might work out cheaper that way. Just buy some power cabling, both in red and black for live power and ground, some blue thin wire for remote cabling and some rca's and speaker cable. don't skimp on rca's as cheap rca's are easier to induce noise into your system..

Member Array
    Car:
    euro
    alrite. how much is a decent kit neways? and ne shop recommendations ?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTIS
    about 80 bucks....from strathfield
    WTB: [SYD] Cheap Gen 2 CRX (or shell)

where are u located dude.. hard for ppl to recommend a shop without knowing where u are

Member Array
    Car:
    euro
    well fairfield area, but i don't mind travelling around sydney.

i tend to recommend lifestyle store in parramatta.. they have always treated me well, however have been hearing bad things about a few installs recently

Member Array
    Car:
    euro
    oh wellz i'm only purchasing an amp kit not gettin them too install it neways.

Member Array
    go autobarn dude they got cheap amp kits, i recommend if ur gonna run more than one amp get a thicker power cable like a 4gauge cause all the wiring kits come with 8gauge i think, or just get it enyways incase u wanna run another amp in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

if just one amp is all your planning to ever put in, go to a strathfield or sumthin similar and see if you can pick yourself up a streetwires amp kit. comes with everything you need. If its more amps youre gunna put in later, dont get anything yet. wait til u get the rest of the amps before you put it in. Could save yourself around $100 dollars in cable if you dont have to re-wire it.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    euro
    sure thing guys. i'm sticking with the one amp. but the quality of the sound won't depend on the wiring right? thats all i'm afraid off.

Member Array
    it wont as long as they're thick enough but not too thick. it wont be so much of quality but if u use really thin or bad wiring ur system might start playing up on u and trust me u dont want that as its hard to find the cause when it does, then u'll have to do the whole wiring again. if u're worried about the quality of the wires they're all the same dw
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...