Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    honda camRy
    good shiet Q..imma try and come to newcastle if i can get the day off work lol
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome Abourd You!..

Member Array
    god daym thats a beast i wasnt expecting that much power.. congrats mate (Y)

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    nice figures... wouldve expected more with stronger internals tho...

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    NICE NICE!! i for one know what you went thru!! so im glad your ride is back on the road!

(ill buzz ya for line ups soon yeah??)

-elee (hoping to be driving my car in 2 weeks!!)

Moderator - here to help Array
    200kw great stuff.
    can i ask how much torque at what rpm?

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 DA9??
    holy... shietz... hahaha thats great man!!

its been a while but lets all go down and see these bad ass turbo hondas at WSID... were becoming so USDM... but i aint complaining

good luck!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    gballs, you might not have any competition now, but when i get my next teg. look out sunshine :P

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 & GD3
    nice figured quentin, hopefully u get the times ur after

and see u in newcastle!!
    Team West Yo!!

www.circuitclub.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    why would you worry about hitting past 7000rpm when your putting out that much power???
    not to mention the torque!!!
    the less you have to rev before you come on power the quiker you are.

Quote Originally Posted by locote
    why would you worry about hitting past 7000rpm when your putting out that much power???
    not to mention the torque!!!
    the less you have to rev before you come on power the quiker you are.
    Well, i'm not sure who told you that information but it is quite ambiguous and general.

If you can hold torque while still revving higher, your power output will only increase. Thats the beauty of the VTEC heads. They hold torque, even with high boost and make great power up high because of this. The LS head just wasn't designed for this.

I only mentioned the B16A head because they are generally a lot cheaper and easier to find than a B18C (GSR) head. You will make far more power on the GSR head as the port designs conveniently work very well for FI applications. Also, the GSR cams yeild a little more power in boost than the B16A cams in the same head.

You've allready got the bottom end ready to rev high and make big power, why not finish the job and upgrade the top

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    its actually not reving out to 9k as previously stated, because the power starts declining at 7k, so thers no point beating the bush any more...
    LSD i was told, may actually slow me car down on the drag strip, so i dunno, i always intended on gettin one b4 i was told this...so i dunno, dunno much bout em.
    i totally agree with the guys that were saying that 15 is as high as i can push it for now, due to the current set up, however the engine is good for 20psi.
    the tuner actually said to me that i shouldnt go past 15 for now, so im gona take his advice.
    once im used to, and 'bored' of 12-15 psi, then ill modify the setup to run more power and boost through it efficiently.
    for now, im completely wrapped about the way it performs...the pull and feelin of it at full boost is unbelievable for a fwd car!!
    in regards to changing the head, i was thinkin b18c head rather than a b16a...
    wats the difference??
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball
    LSD i was told, may actually slow me car down on the drag strip, so i dunno, i always intended on gettin one b4 i was told this...so i dunno, dunno much bout em.
    whomever told you that doesn't have the slightest clue what he's talking about