Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

[Euro] Whiteline Swaybar lock kit

I just ordered these for the Euro in 18mm. Helps stop lateral movement of the sway bar.

Will let you know how it goes. Only costs $20 for a pair and is polyurethane so will not squeak when it hits the bushes (or damage the bushes).

Peekay has made his own DIY set with garden hose - I figured for $20 I may as well get the whiteline kit.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/ins...Z289_W0450.pdf

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Mine isn't garden hose it is black rubber hose and a high quality hose clamp from enzed. Mate we looked at those ones from whiteline decided to go the other way. But no matter what will do the job.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Garden Hose LOL... Opps...

Anyways... When you get it, Feedback on the car handling would be nice
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I doubt it would make a huge difference. I've had my swaybar on the car for 2 or more years with hard + track driving and no problems (haven't even re-greased it yet!). After a few left/right hand corners......i should just settle again IMO
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    I doubt it would make a huge difference. I've had my swaybar on the car for 2 or more years with hard + track driving and no problems (haven't even re-greased it yet!). After a few left/right hand corners......i should just settle again IMO
    Yeah not expecting much difference. The guys at whiteline said it helps cars with the ball joint links - like the euro - or where the sway bar has a kink.

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Where did u buy it from Yfin??

Online or from a perth shop??

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum[Z]
    Where did u buy it from Yfin??

Online or from a perth shop??

This shop is ordering it from whiteline for me. Total cost is $20. I should have it by the weekend.

WHEELS WORLD - OSBORNE PARK - 08 9244 2277

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Fitted the lock kit today as well as regreased the bushes.

Wasn't so easy to regrease the bushes on my own - needed another pair of hands (Euroaccord13 comes to mind!). I found it hard to get the bush screws back in whilst holding the sway bar - eventually got it. Gee - a hoist would come in handy.

Anyway - now to the lock kit. The Whiteline clamp doesn't look very good IMO. You just pull on it to make it tight - no screw. Hmmm - I think there is some risk the clamp supplied could fail. Looks a little too puny if you know what I mean.

After a trip to Bunnings I got my own stainless steel hose clamps for $1.50 which are tightened by a screw which I think is more effective.

Driving the car around today has been really good. Hard to say whether it was from cleaning the bar, regreasing the bushes or the lock kit - but things feel quite nice and tidy at the rear. It is definately a step in the right direction and worth $20. Are you going to notice a quantum leap forward in handling? No. But I would be surprised if you didn't notice the car is flatter at the rear with the lock kit.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Should I say .....I told you so....
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Hey Yfin, grab a few photos will ya? I wanna have a look and see if I should copycat you and Pete's mod
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    Hey Yfin, grab a few photos will ya? I wanna have a look and see if I should copycat you and Pete's mod
    That pdf link in my first post has some good pics.

Member Array
    Car:
    Acura TSX (Honda Euro-R)
    I am curious to how much a whiteline sway bar cost or if I should go with a prgress sway bar instead cause it is the largest one available I believe.