Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std

Arrow 1993 Accord EXi Questions

Hi guys,
    Just need to get a few things answered.

When I drive (around the city) I normally have it in 3rd gear (Auto) then when I need to do 70km/hr or above I change it into fourth, is this the best way to handle it? My father does the exact thing in his SS V8, What are you recommendation's on what gear's I should have it it?

I have a few mates in Camry's and Skylines that if they are going about 10km/r they put it in first and 20 goes into 2nd etc etc, Should this be done in this car? I havn't tried it..although my father did on the hill and did a bit of a burnout in 1st gear. (Mistake, Thought it would be like his V8 )

Is Drive (4th Gear) going to be more economical? Or should I use third and do what I said above?

What are some good pointers and tips on how I should look after the car and check the engine? Any good oil's for it etc??

Also, my Central Locking is failing, Sometimes it lock's, it unlocks itself etc, where should I get it replaced/fixed at? Would JB Hi Fi do? Or should Honda do it? Im taking it to a place called Nova Car Sound, Honda put me onto them, Any thought's?

Is there a major difference between the VTi and EXi?
    Im sure I have an EXi, It says it on the back of the car next to Accord, But the Paper Work says VTi and the Dealer advertised it as VTi so im pretty confused.
    Just that I need a dashboard mat, ISP said they are not sure if a VTi will fit it.

Thanks people, I know it is a long read too..But I am very thankful!
    Last edited by Delta_One; 25-08-2005 at 12:45 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    HEMI
    i thought you just put autos in 'D', sounds like you are trying to change gear like it's a manual when you don't need to?

Have a look at the motor, does it say VTEC? do you have a sunroof? if so it's a VTI. the dash should be the same in both the VTI and Exi.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji
    i thought you just put autos in 'D', sounds like you are trying to change gear like it's a manual when you don't need to?

Have a look at the motor, does it say VTEC? do you have a sunroof? if so it's a VTI. the dash should be the same in both the VTI and Exi.
    If I have it in Drive 4 though when im doing 60 it will want to go higher, its a VTEC, Doesn't have Sunroof.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    If it's VTEC, and no sunroof...then it most probably IS a VTi.
    Leather seats?

And I'd assume the dash are the same sizes throughout all the range ie. EXi, VTi and VTi-S.

Driving at a higher gear generally is more economical, as you're in a lower rev range. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Most people would use "D" in everyday driving. The lower gears are there when you need the torque to pull you car (up a steep slope/hill) or slow your car (down a steep slope/hill).

That's how I see it anyways.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std
    Quote Originally Posted by toE
    If it's VTEC, and no sunroof...then it most probably IS a VTi.
    Leather seats?

And I'd assume the dash are the same sizes throughout all the range ie. EXi, VTi and VTi-S.

Driving at a higher gear generally is more economical, as you're in a lower rev range. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Most people would use "D" in everyday driving. The lower gears are there when you need the torque to pull you car (up a steep slope/hill) or slow your car (down a steep slope/hill).

That's how I see it anyways.
    It doesn't have leather seat's, just material.

Im pretty sure the dashboard sizes would all be the same so I will just get the VTi ordered and see

I find it goes better in D3 around the city then D4 when I need to go faster so..D4 is probably better overall.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    just leave it in D4 all the time, the D3 or selecting one less gear is a thing that started with taxi drivers coz their VL's and EA's would self destruct after 4th crapped it self from overs use,

most RWD cars with 4 speed use a planetry gear set utilising bands as well as clutches, not as reliable as Hondas idea of clutch pack only transmissions ( except CVT ) . Honda auto are just like a MT but with clutch packs and valve body instead of syncro's.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std
    Thanks for the reply guys, I will leave it in D4, and I will be getting the Dashboard mat, they can only get the VTi one in so hopefully that will fit

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    ewww, dash mats...bleh.