Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EG Re-Spray.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    i want it stock colour... and yes i would want all the hinges and engine bay etc done..
    "do it once and do it right"

shit.. i wouldnt have expected it to be 4 - 6k.. thats alot.. would it be that price for the stock civic black colour u reckon?

Also, i dont want it done at habbibs with the extra orange peel lolol

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    mate, the quality you would get on a 2k color change, i think you would be dissapointed. you may get away with an average-good condition re-spray in the same colour as the original. if you are planning a engine swap, my say would re-spray it in whatever it comes in (if it needs it) and put the rest towards motor.

other then that, 5k upwards will get you nicer quality work

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Thanks Steer^Gimic
    i think from the responses.. id be better to either make do with whatever colour i can find a cheap EG in, or save a little bit more $$$ to buy a stock black EG.

ive gone off the respray idea now

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude vti-r & s2k
    Quote Originally Posted by Steer^Gimic
    other then that, 5k upwards will get you nicer quality work
    what he said

never get cheap respray cos you can tell after!

i reckon a good ideas is to get resprayed cutom colour but similar to stock..
    eg. White > white with pearl
    blue > metalicnavy blue or subura blue
    red > candy apple red or deep orange

etc..

Member Array
    Get to know some peeps in the industry. They'll charge you $1.5k for a full respray, and they won't even dodge it up for you

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Ive seen 1-2k Resprays and some of them look mint. Of course a 5k+ job would be garanteed mint but its all upto your willingness to spend and what you will settle for.

I personally.. would settle for a decent 1-2k spray job ... but thats me and what im willing to settle for, for the price. If your the type that will pick out every single minor near invisable fault then a cheap respray is not for you...

Otherwise find one with a nice respray, not saying its impossible but for a 10-13 yr old car... finding a mint condition body for your price will be quite a challange...

ive bought 2 EGs and looked at many more, i can tell you very few are mint ... my 2c..
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    doesnt have to be mint, i just wanna black one, if i had a respray, id want it done properly. i might just buy a cheap one (hopefully white, second preference) and then later on down the track i might get a respray if im unhappy with it.

while where on that sorta topic.. what were your EG's like SiR JDM, any common problems that seemed to occur with all of them that u personally experienced?

Just wondering if theres a particular thing i should look out for..
    btw i mean interior/exterior wise.. not engine as it will be swapped out.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    hRmmm of course each case is different ... one of the most comon exterior issues i see is front bars pushed out of shape ... u can see where it joines the gaurds and there the bonnet sits the differences... alot of the time due to a bent radiator support from a minor front end collision or even from hittin a gutter or something too hard.

Dings (as ud expect from 10-13 yr old car) on the doors from shopping centres where another door hits it or similar scenario

Power window motors occasionally are burnt out or on their way out.

Sticky ashtrays <-- even my delsol had this .. and a GIANT cone in there

Damaged carpet

like i said each case is different but those mentioned are the ones that are common and reoccuring in most EGs ive seen
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    thanks dude ill look out for those sorts of things, although most i should expect when looking for a cheap EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EKFOUR, GSXR750
    Its not so much the price you pay for the respray, its who you get to do it.
    Just because your paying 5k doesnt mean your getting a respray that is better than the 2k one. You really need to go to a trusted or well know sprayer, or inspect other work done by them. My brothers skyline got resprayed in 350z blue for $900 thru a tafe, and it is of very good quality.
    So price doesnt always affect the quality, you really need to do some research and not just work from word of mouth.