Member Array
    Car:
    1990 LS Integra

Capacitor Questions

Hey guys
    I got a Aeropro 1 Farad Capacitor off a mate of mine cause he owed me some dosh. My question is, I'm only runnin a small 2 channel amp ATM untill I get my Alpine Mono block to run my 2 Type R's, Would it be any use to me installing this at the moment for my little 2 channel, I'm at the understanding that I don't need one unless im pushing out alot of base. Will the cap cause my battery to run out more or will it combat this problem? Also how does it hook up cause I didn't get instructions. Black to eath and red to batt etc, but does my amp just hook up to the same wires??? just not sure guys. Thanks for the help

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    If you have a 2 Channel amp atm, no point wiring up the cap. It may help when you do get your Mono Block and will help stabilise the power. It will also increase the sound from your subs as the subs will be receiving maximum power from the amp.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    it wont really make ur subs louder, theoretically it should deliver more power to them but i've never seen anyone actualli notice the difference, just install it if your lights are dimming with optimum volume and bass levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    it wont really make ur subs louder, theoretically it should deliver more power to them but i've never seen anyone actualli notice the difference, just install it if your lights are dimming with optimum volume and bass levels.
    yeah, i phrased it incorrectly. it does depend on what kind of system you run. if its a basic system you wont hear much of a difference but with a much larger and more powerful system, you will definitely hear the difference in sound quality and the overall power.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Ahh ok, i think i may need one.
    My tail lights are dimming badly

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanderz
    Hey guys
    I got a Aeropro 1 Farad Capacitor off a mate of mine cause he owed me some dosh. My question is, I'm only runnin a small 2 channel amp ATM untill I get my Alpine Mono block to run my 2 Type R's, Would it be any use to me installing this at the moment for my little 2 channel,
    If your using the digital amps then they draw bugger all current anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Flanderz
    I'm at the understanding that I don't need one unless im pushing out alot of base. Will the cap cause my battery to run out more or will it combat this problem? Also how does it hook up cause I didn't get instructions. Black to eath and red to batt etc, but does my amp just hook up to the same wires??? just not sure guys. Thanks for the help
    in my opinion you would better spend the money on an optima battery than a cap...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by GenV
    Ahh ok, i think i may need one.
    My tail lights are dimming badly
    might want to look at better grounding
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Gen 2
    Hope this information helps you out, and explains that the cap will do.
    With the increasing number of high power Class AB and Digital amplifiers available these days, products such as stiffening capacitors are becoming increasingly popular. As subwoofers designed for incar use are optimized to perform in increasingly smaller enclosures, the relative efficiency of the driver is usually the first to suffer. This means more power is needed to produce the same volume of output, which in turn creates a greater demand on your car’s power supply. When an amplifier draws more power than potential amperes available, the power supply’s voltage starts to degrade, which severely affects sound quality and power output. As the current demand of a subwoofer amplifier is not continuous, a power reservoir such as a 1-farad stiffening capacitor can make a significant improvement to the performance of your sound system by quenching the instantaneous high-current pulses of the amplifier(s). By helping to keep the voltage more stable, they can only make improvements to the overall power and system dynamics.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Accord VTi
    That's great information crxy, cleared up quite a lot of things for me

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 LS Integra
    thanks heaps for the quality info guys, very informative

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek
    another point: if your looking to gain db from it, 99.9% of the time it wont happen, it usually takes db away. have at the look at car audio australia website. theres a write up and test that shows they dont increase db. i dont see any point in it just get an optima yellow top. im running two alpine mono blocks, one per each sub and another amp for my front stage. all on stock battery and alternator and no dimming of my lights as yet. (in a 99 ek hatch)