Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by GIPONU View Post
    so... any1 know a tutorial on how to install it since the first post now doesnt work?
    http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=815
    Last edited by G-Stick; 06-05-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    My antenna doesnt go up or down its, just stuck.
    It makes noises when you turn the car on or off, making it sound like it wants to go up and down, but it doesnt. The lowest

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    I like my RC antenna, it makes machine gun noises when going up and down coz it doesnt go all the way up.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    sorry to bring back an old thread. any tips to install it? take out the old motor also?

its not hard.
    mine was plug & play.

but had to remove the old antenna motor.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    umm, i know this is bout the dc2 antenna but any1 know where the dc5 antenna is? i know its not visible but where on the body is it under?

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    umm, i know this is bout the dc2 antenna but any1 know where the dc5 antenna is? i know its not visible but where on the body is it under?
    If you can't see it like a conventional antenna then it would be in the rear window probably above the demister lines.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    TO install it on a DC2
    you need to take out the back panels from inside the boot. then half of the left hand side rear one.
    Unscrew the old antenna from the outside (the Silver Bit)
    Then undo the two bolts from the antenna motor. Unplug antenna cable
    and pull it down.
    I'll try to look for some pics from when i did mine if that helps.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by b4dnuf View Post
    TO install it on a DC2
    you need to take out the back panels from inside the boot. then half of the left hand side rear one.
    Unscrew the old antenna from the outside (the Silver Bit)
    Then undo the two bolts from the antenna motor. Unplug antenna cable
    and pull it down.
    I'll try to look for some pics from when i did mine if that helps.
    hey mate, please do take pictures... my antenna sh*t itself and now i dont have radio(suxs when driving to and from work 3hrs a day). anyone can PM me who sells the s2k antenna locally? not fans of the shark ones.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    yeah the thing is. i dont use my radio but i want the s2000 antenna. will i still have to take out the old motor for the old antenna?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Look in the for sale thread n go on CLUBITR someone is bound to have one for sale. I bought mine for $60.
    Anyhow 1st you need to take out the back n rear left panels, they have pop up screws so locate then and push them in and they should come out. If you have an ITR ur gonna have to remove the rear bar first. Then take out the boot light, take out the shockies cover and and undo those bolts (i only did this so that i could get my hand in behind the left panel) Do not take out all of the left rear panel as its not necessary. you can if you want to.

On the OEM Antenna loosen up the silver cap, its just screwed on but its kinda hard to unscrew if u dont have the right tool, i didnt, i did it the ghetto way with a phillips head and banged it on an angle until it spun - prob best to use a wrench big enough to fit if you dont want scratches on your car.

Once you have taken the rear panel off and have enough space to get to the antenna motor, locate the screws, cant remember if its two or one, and loosen them.

Finish unscrewing the silver cap from the OEM antenna and the whole thing should just pop down. Unplug all connections and it comes out.

Compare old antenna with SK2 antenna

Fit the new antenna in, you're gonna have to screw it on as tight as you can. i did it by hand as i couldnt get anything to fit, still it hasnt come off.
    Also from the previous pic you'll see a red cable with a white housing. i cut the cable as there is nothing to plug it into and its not needed (to the best of my knowledge on the DC2) plus it wont fit through the whole if you leave it on.

Put back all the panels and bar back in place and now you have an sk2 antenna.

Thats how i changed mine anyways, took me like 25mins all up.

Quote Originally Posted by b4dnuf View Post

Also from the previous pic you'll see a red cable with a white housing. i cut the cable as there is nothing to plug it into and its not needed (to the best of my knowledge on the DC2) plus it wont fit through the whole if you leave it on.
    A quick heads up. My antenna arrived in the post. Best $50 ever spent on a non-JDM cosmetic part ever.

But for those who ordered one or are thinking of ordering one, please note: The red wire from the antenna is not useless. It HAS a purpose. It powers the small built-in antenna amplifier in the base.

And the Shark antenna will fit through the original antenna hole with both wires on. once again, the big black wire is understandably the radio antenna lead, and the small red wire with the spade type connector on the end is the +12V power lead. You'll either need to fabricate an adapter to fit it to the OEM power antenna lead in the car, or just cut the spade plug off, then wedge the bare wire end into the centre of the three pins on the OEM power connector and tape it up tight.

Try not to cut the OEM connector off at the original car wiring loom, just in case in the future it gets used again.

Bu it's important to use only the centre connector pin for the red power wire from the shark. That's the switched power wire that turns on when your head unit is on and off when it's not.

You can do without the red wire connection, but your radio signal will be noticeably weaker. I know because I experimented.