Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question [Euro] Reasons for power loss

Hey everyone,

To cut a long story short, my accord euro seems to have lost a noticable amount of power everywhere from 3k rpm up. Wondering what some possible reasons for this are?

my guesses:
    faulty ecu
    faulty master cylinder

a bit of background:
    I've had my master cylinder replaced once already at 10k km and it is due to be replaced again this friday (approx 19k km). I'm hoping that this is somehow affecting the power? and then when its replaced it fixes the problem (it doenst feel as though the clutch is completely engaging/ disengaging)

i've also had the 20k km service so i know its not old/burnt oil or anything...

i've also had problems with ecu after i had a stereo installed (car would lock itself, and interior lgihts wouldnt turn off in auto mode - all intermitent problems)

goin up hills at full throttle the car bogs down at around 4k rpm and it gives a sensation as though the clutch is slipping (though im pretty sure it isnt)

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Possibilities... Endless...

What I can think of, Filter is dirty, grounding problem after your ICE install...

Does your clutch feel like it's slipping? That is one problem too....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Thanks for them... I'd forgotten about the air filter, i'll check that out (the revs are rising quite slow too ). Is there a way to clean the stock filter, or do u simply buy a new one?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    A dirty air filter shouldn't make for a "noticeable amount of power" loss.

I'd be feeling nervous about the electrics -- since that caused some obvious other problems and is the only major thing to have changed.

Stupid question: does it happen when everything is switched off? i.e. no stereo, no air-con, etc.

How big is the stereo? Do you need a bigger battery?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    Thanks for them... I'd forgotten about the air filter, i'll check that out (the revs are rising quite slow too ). Is there a way to clean the stock filter, or do u simply buy a new one?
    Pick out any leaves, stones and dead bugs. You can try vacuuming it, but you won't get most of the dirt out as it is meant to be embedded between the paper fibers.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    It's good to clean the filter once in awhile. Clears it up a bit more, and you can really see how much crap does end up in there.

Though i have noticed lately that power isn't as good as well, could be because the service is due for the car, or it's just been the cold days and it's not churning over as nicely as normal.
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    maybe try to reset the ECU?

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    A dirty filter will indeed cut performance to a vehicle and it's noticable Tobster

When you vacumn the filter, vacumn it on the side that comes into contact with the air first, not the inside of it, as it is a paper element filter like AaronNg mentioned, it will be embedded deep inside which can be hard to remove..
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    i reckon the fuel lately has been crapola. I thought my car was running bad and had a noticable power loss. I poured in a bottle of octane boost last time i filled and magically my power plus a bit more ( JAP SPEC ECU ) has returned.

speaking of fuel...it's sitting at $148.9 for optimax today.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    What are the weather conditions where you live? If it is muggy or hot you will notice a power drop. My Euro misses those crisp 5 degree mornings in Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord

speaking of fuel...it's sitting at $148.9 for optimax today.
    Time to buy a jazz

Quote Originally Posted by euro1978
    Time to buy a jazz
    and put it on LPG