Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & AE86

What to do what to do?

Hey as some of ya'll know from a previous post of mine i have just bought an ek9(pre-facelift/white) in japan and it should arrive here in about 5-6 weeks time.

I do however have a big problem, i wanted to bring the car in wone whole piece, just for the sake of it, but its looks possible that customs might end up cutting it in half.

I currently have a ek1(facelifted/silver), my question is what should i swap over to my civic, if the car is cut?

Obviously i'd be swapping all of the cars running gear, including brakes and rims, definitely the rear wing, recaros, console, steering wheel, rear seat.

The problem lies with the body pannels and lights, how much of a head ache would it be fitting the front pannels and spraying, would there be any problem with changing the rear bumper.

Should i also change the boot, type r dont have a rear wiper, or easier filling my boots hole.

Either that or should i sell the front pannels and lights, and just buy fl head lights, also would rather the fl type r tail lights.

I have a mugen front bar waiting to go on anyway, plus i did intend on tidying up my paint job, in the near future, also want to get rid of my antena, thing doesnt go down properly and i think it will suit the civics lines better removed.

Sorry its so long, couldnt make up my mind past week

swap everything you can?

is your mugen bumper for facelift or non facelift? i'd assume the conversion from facelift to non face lift is fairly straight forward if you have all the parts (full front cut).

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & AE86
    i dont mind swapping everything, just wondering if any mounts to the chasis are different, and if spraying the panels again is a big task

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Dam what a waste. Just beg them not to cut it, give them fifty under the table or something
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & AE86
    yer i wrote a letter to them today saying please let me bring the car in one piece, said i'd be using it for motorsport, eg motorkhana and track days, if they ask for proof im in the shit i dont have a cams licence, go get one later, i think the licence u need will cost roughly 1100 bux to get

Just a question..you're getting a pre-facelift EK9 (I'm assuming its 96-98 year) but your current car is a facelift model (99-00 year)..I thought you can't put an older engine into your car?

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    no it doesnt cost u 1100 for a liscence
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & AE86
    i think its a c4 licence, after going through all the tests and courses it will add up to $1100

licence test $500
    health check $100
    Club membership $100
    C3 licence fee $359
    Cams manual $44

and obviously the lower grade licence is cheaper, but i dont think you cna bring a car in on them

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & AE86
    oh yeah and with the motor thing, in WA its deals with motors and emmisions of the same year, something like that,

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    if u swap over pre face lift bumper + bonnet + fender and lights onto ur EK1, it will fit fine, same with the back, so just swap everything over

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    u can import a car if u have a C2 lisence.. i think.

i've already sent my form away

just waiting for a reply..
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & AE86
    c2, hrhmm i'll check into that my mate has one.