Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Track Suss

I used to have the Tein HA on my civic....it's decent but I don't think they make it anymore though...

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC4 <-----She's Gone :(
    thanks for the help guys, yeah it does make sense not to have overly stiff suss in a small car not only that its gonna stripped to the shithouse, I sorta wanted to look at about 12kg rear and 8kg or 10kg on the front, also can some one explain what the purpose of swaybars and how they work? <----NOOB :roolleyes:

Banned Array
    Car:
    ohh i forgot to mention that even though it has been mentioned that stiffer rates are gonna play havock with the chassi Im actually gonna be reinforcing the chassis by welding extra plate and putting in extra spot welds b/w the oem welds so its not gonna be a stock chassis but also gonna have a roll cage welded in also so structual strenght will be boosted quite significantly

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus
    I used to have the Tein HA on my civic....it's decent but I don't think they make it anymore though...
    this is correct superseded by tein flex.

but you can still find some good 2nd hand ones available...

Sounds like quite a project... good luck on it.

Banned Array
    Car:
    thanks hopefully Ill have one monster drag/track Crx wait till the engine gets disclosed

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Wonder if the tien ra's would suit. I have seen a few sets of these float around from time to time? Not sure if they will be adjustable enough for the street though?
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

RA's are 30 way adjustable... but IMO a still a little bit too harsh for street use...

Banned Array
    Car:
    whats so harsh about em?
    I really dont mind some harshness *well ive never been in a car with a harsh setup so i dont know what its like*

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Being in a harsh car for daily use can be a real pain. You just feel every bump and its not always that confortable. You do get used to it but the best thing is to select the best suspension to avoid the problem in the first place.

type one - yeah I wasnt really sure about the ra's but thought that they might have been an option.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Hard spring rates and a welded in roll cage will make the car completely non-streetable if you have race-spec suspension installed.
    If you have a car that is designed to handle the race track, it will not be comfortable on the road, and vice versa. Just adding strut braces and control arm braces to my car makes the ride harsher, that's without any kind of roll cage to stiffen the chassis up.

RA's are a viable option - a member on this board has an ITR with RE's - spring rates play a large part of the harshness, so do your research and choose carefully... but i find his car very stiff...

with spot welds and reinforcement your car's chassis will be able to handle the stiffer spring rates but i think to complement get a set of sussy that is more widely adjustable and can offer you varying spring rates.

a few regular "trackers" recommend DMS coilovers... not cheap but very very good...

Banned Array
    Car:
    Hmm DMS there not the D2's are they???