Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Track Suss

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC4 <-----She's Gone :(

Track Suss

Hey since no one anwesered this in the integra thread ill post it here:
    For a CRX what is the best Track susspension, I wnated to look into Tein but what some really stiff adjustment over 10kg but wanna at least have enuff to sort be semi streetabe thats not the priority but just in case.
    And I dont wanna hear that D2 are mad pfft please

Banned Array
    Car:
    will no one answer this or what???

u looking at coilovers or shock and springs
    what is your budget?
    Tein is pretty good as I used to run it on my EK civic with 10k front 6k rear and I drive it everyday coz I can't be bothered doing all the adjustments
    Apexi also provide pretty coilovers for the civic......
    not too sure about mugen but I guess prices for it could be hefty

Banned Array
    Car:
    Well im gonna b building an all out track car so Im guessing between 3 to 5 k on coilovers wit heaps of adjustability like rebound bound camber ect.

Well, then just a set of coilovers not going to give you much adjustments except for the suspension part. You gonna need camber and castor kits to adjust all the other suspension areas.......and more, adjustable anti-roll bars, sway bars etc is all needed to complete the 'handling' part of an all out track car....a set of coilovers going to give you some difference over your stockies but it ain't gonna be complete for an all out track car. Is this car gonna be your daily driver as well??

Banned Array
    Car:
    yeah its also gonna be for daily use as well not sure if im gonna use it every day though, I am aware that ill also need other stuff to add to the suss setup, need to obiously learn more about this

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    I'll move it to the suspension forum, hopefully you will get some answers there

*moving*
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Have a read of this thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...5&page=8&pp=12

What the guy from whiteline was saying is don't get overly stiff suspension. Use swaybars as much as possible. This way your car will be more streetable too

So just get some Tein coilovers, but nothing too stiff (under 10) and get some good sway bars
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    HKS HyperMAX Pro II... 18kg - front, 16kg - rear, good for track, too stiff for road,
    or
    GAB - get the shocks, changed to KG/nm Springs,
    Or
    if you want something crazy,
    Tein N1 or anything with N1...Front 26kg, Rear 22kg....

even australian tracks are as good quality as JDM tracks ( just IMO ) so why bother with massive rates when nice front and rear swaybars will help with the job ?

IMO even my custom whiteline springs on my koni yellows is too stiff for the road - with somethign like 5kg/mm front and 2.5kg/mm rear lol

Tein HA - though rare as hen's teeth... good road/track compromise... hieght and 16 way adjustable... anything stiffer than that for a CRX and you will encounter chassis issues...

Fr 18 and Rr 16 IMO is ridiculous for a CRX which weighs in at 900-1000 or so kg - send the car bouncing off the track.

Quote Originally Posted by pgclee
    HKS HyperMAX Pro II... 18kg - front, 16kg - rear, good for track, too stiff for road,
    or
    GAB - get the shocks, changed to KG/nm Springs,
    Or
    if you want something crazy,
    Tein N1 or anything with N1...Front 26kg, Rear 22kg....
    LOL@ tein n1 26kg front 22kg rear, man at that spring rate, the shocks wont ever be moving!
    damn