Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    this was one of the more competative races i reckon (throughout the field).. even a jordan managed a points finish... a shame there wasnt more wet races this season...

man sato sato sato... wot can i say.. kinda feel for the guy.. hes under so much pressure.. n i guess with last nights incident.. its all over ..
    esp now that he gets a 10 grid penalty for the next race... which i think is a bit harsh.. i mean it wasnt delebrate.... hmmm maybe coz it involved schumi
    n i also think michaels reaction was a bit uncalled for... sure he has every right to be pissed.. but tapping satos viser lik that..

overall wasnt a bad race at all... plenty of overatking

Michael Schumacher
    “Every accident is unnecessary but this one seemed more unnecessary than usual. Obviously I am not happy about it, I did not see anything and just felt a bump at the rear of the car. It was stupid to finish the race like this when we had hoped that the mixed conditions might help us. We decided to try the dry tyres but it was immediately obvious that it was like driving on ice. We tried to be competitive today and we got a bit closer to that goal, but not close enough.”
    Takuma Sato
    “It was very tricky at the beginning of the race, but I made a good first lap and gained many positions. It was an exciting first stint and things were going well up to the first stop. The incident with Michael happened on the first corner after the restart, following the safety car. With cold tyres and brakes, it was very difficult to stop the car and unfortunately, I touched the back of him. Obviously, I am disappointed that we could not deliver a good result today."
    Takuma Sato’s race came to a premature end after just 13 laps when he emerged from behind the safety car with cold tyres and brakes and was unable to prevent contact with Michael Schumacher as he braked into La Source. As a result, Takuma has been given a 10-place grid penalty at the next race for his part in the incident.
    i dun understand why he gets such a harsh penalty... i mean it was a racing incident rite... why din webber or schumi get penalized in turkey????

f1live.com
    Last edited by ^^v; 12-09-2005 at 02:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    It is a bit harsh. Is there a precedent for this kind of penalty? Pizzonia got fined too, but I think that was a racing incident. I've been in the situation before from both sides and you can't really apportion blame for the misunderstanding. Again had Montoya just let Pizzonia through, it would've been a 1-2 for McLaren. You have to be smarter than that when you're the one who stands to lose so much.

I think the Sato penalty is unwarranted. He already lost his points from this race and will start qualifying early at the next race. Poor Schumi also has to start early, so he'll be hoping for rain again. At least it didn't change the championship.

Ron Dennis has defended 'blameless victim' Juan Pablo Montoya after his accident with Antonio Pizzonia cost McLaren a 1-2 at the Belgian GP.

Pizzonia and Montoya clashed when the Williams driver sought to un-lap himself from behind the McLaren. The two cars collided, sending both off the track and out of the grand prix.

Although Pizzonia claimed that Montoya was at fault for failing to see him, Dennis was adamant that his driver wasn't to blame.

"We had a comfortable, well-judged, disciplined team-oriented race which should have been a comfortable one-two," said Dennis.

"Pizzonia waved Juan Pablo past and at the next corner Pizzonia came straight into the back of him. Juan Pablo was the blameless victim of other people's mistakes.

"It is bitterly disappointing when you do things well and something out of your control happens."

Mercedes boss Norbert Haug also stuck to the party line and defended Montoya.

"Juan Pablo did a brilliant job and didn't put a foot wrong throughout the weekend,” he said. "I feel sorry for him as the accident was not his fault."

I was screaming I HATE SATO at 12:30 or whatever it was last night.
    What a complete spastic.

Cold tyres and brakes, he tried a hero move on one of the greatest defenders of the line and he hits both of them.
    As Martin said, instead of locking the brakes up and just sliding in the wet he could of steered it out and not hit him.

Sato has to be thrown out of F1, they penalised him because they are sick to death of drivers complaining about him, even Martin and James tried to hold back.

Stupid move indeed and Michael reaction was fine, it shows how dumb Sato's "move" was.

As for the race.
    Kimi is just a racer, he had the race won and still kept the pace up.
    Montoya, again not his fault apparently, to me it looked like Pizzonia went in abit to quick and hit his rear (braking Pizzonias front left suspension)

Alonso, a poor loser in my books.
    Doesn't deserve the WDC, so annoyed.

GO WEBBER.
    I hope this proves to some of you the potential of this man!

Fisichella, I was so excited to see him in 3rd, then the 10 grid penalty (stupid rule) put him in 13th, god he was pushing.
    So underrated it makes me angry.

Monterio did so well, but Toyota, why put Ralf on dry tyres?

All in all FUK SATO!

webber's 4th place didnt come from a great drive... more so from people dnfing

nice time to come in and get slicks on thou...

Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    GO WEBBER.
    I hope this proves to some of you the potential of this man!
    IMO it doesnt really prove much... except he was faster on dry's when everyone else was on ints...

He stopped how many times?
    Had a solid race, didn't make any stupid mistakes like that wank Sato.
    Saw the track was drying up and put slicks on and got a great finish 4th!

Oh and I must say, channel 10's coverage was good last night.
    Seeing all the drivers before the race talk to Bill Woods and getting more information then usual was fantastic.

That Leigh Diffy bloke needs some speaking lessions, but otherwise I thought well done 10.
    Watch RPM with all the interviews.

yeah the coverage wasnt bad at all... just the late telecast was a bummer...
    n that Leigh Diffy guy cant commentate for shyt.. unless its a bogan v8 race...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    Die Sato
    Go to hell webber

no further comment

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Juan Montoya - "You faaarrking iiidiot, you broke my ****ing car, ****ing idiot.......Noooooo"

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Channel Ten's work was really good. A lot better than usual. But the coverage was terrible. I reckon we were staring at the back of Ron Dennis' head for about 5mins if you add it all up. One of these days a team manager is going to chuck a skitz and knock out a cameraman for being stupid. Look at the cars, not the manager!!
    They didn't get Montoya's crash on video.
    They missed half of Fisichella's overtakes.
    There was no onboard footage at all. I didn't see them onboard once in the entire race. Even in wet races you often get to see onboard shots. None.

Martin and James were pretty good. Even if the footage was all over the place, they stayed on top of all the mayhem with tyres and incidents and who was fast when. Good job.

Atleast Ten did a good job. Billy's input was good and I like the way they show the entire race on Ten. Because it's not live, when they go to an ad break they pause the video and then press play when they come back from the ads. It's good.

So 9/10 for Ten, 8/10 for Martin and James, and 2/10 for the Belgium crew.