ED6 civic conversion

hey all i just picked myself up a 88 ed6 civic dual carb. its all in working order cept for how rich it runs when cold... and still rich when hot but not to the same extent. having practically no experiance with carby engines. i was wondering what could be done to fix this prob. and if not how hard is it to put in a b16a instead. thanx

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    to my understading, u gotta buy a new fuel tank OR a fuel pump as ur cars not EFI. U also gpotta buy a b16 with a cable clutch, not hydrolic., other than that, should be simple (condidering japan got ed's with b16's)

just go get the thing tuned.
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude vti-r & s2k
    and new brakes

Member Array
    Car:
    88 civic
    I had the same problem was using So much petrol.
    Get ur self a Spray Can of Carb Cleaner pull them apart and spray in...Very easy....!

Good luck
    selling ED 88 Civic & 93 civic half cut
    -----------------------------------

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    possibly spark plugs too
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

d15b carby will always run rich.. just a fact of life

Banned Array
    Car:
    Hmmm
    whats the performance of a b16 ed like vs b16 eg... given same amount of care put into building both? like i understand that the ed is lighter... but does it handle as well? sorry for 'spammin' but im lookin at both of these as a first car... ta

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1
    got my ED6 carb cleaned last week. it runs awesome right now. dun knwo about fuel econ yet. the rev used to didn't want to rev up anymore after 4000rpm, now its reving a lot faster to 6000rpm. like driving a different car man. clean them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    I recommend cleaning the carbies as well but check the little diaphragm attached to the carby closest to your cam belt too. It has 3 screws holding it down and is pretty close to the air filter box as well. Sorta next to your L/H strut tower, if that helps...
    Pull up your passenger side carpet, if there is a metal plate there - turn the ignition on and see if the ECU flashes any codes... Had ECU probs with our '90 ED and just unplugged it for a few minutes to reset it.