Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow

Muffler Question

OK guys heres one for ya.

Is there anything higher flowing than a stock muffler but dosn't make the car any noiser? Im sick of my exhaust and wanna make my car stealth again. So I can cruise at nightime like little secret undercover polar bear, moving among the shadows of the ghetto.

At the moment I have XForce headers, 2.25 Catback and Cannon muffler and its fart fantastic. Im thinking about keeping the header adding a resonator to the current catback, as well as changing the rear muffler to something stock-ish.

Don't wanna Twin loop or nuffing. Just wondering any diff to say a EJ8 stock muffler and a ITR stock muffler. $251 for new stock muffler.

Cheers Lads

- KB

Member Array
    Car:
    99 ek1 h/b
    my friend had a spoon one not that long back, like a sports exhaust and it was very very quite, if i speak to him i will let you know. There are some quite ones out there

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    agreed.

The mugen exhaust is also meant to be quiet.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

spoon n1 , is ****ing loud
    spoon street type maybe quite.
    twin loop is quite.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8-CRV-Euro
    Mugen and Veilside are very quiet.

But also very expensive!

spoon isnt loud... its sooooo farking loud !!!!!

but with silencer its not too bad...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by 02ZZI
    my friend had a spoon one not that long back, like a sports exhaust and it was very very quite, if i speak to him i will let you know. There are some quite ones out there
    I believe you're referring to the Spoon Street Type. Very quiet IMO.

Speak to young Luzinit. He has one on his uber quick 14.9 sec EK4.....

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    How much for just the muffler, I dont wanna spend that much ay. Remember its only for a little SOHC TAKKER. I noticed with all of my mods the catback made not much difference, the header made all the power. You think a stock muffler would suffice?

Well stockies muffler is not loud coz it's packed with cushion and a lot of bends in that big tin can at the back.
    I've used the spoon n1 and unless you turn the vtec on, it's not that loud and with the silencer, it's pretty darn quiet (and this is testing from a civic with headers, high flow cat, and the n1)
    You want to know what's loud, try the Buddy Club (I had version2)....got 120-130db with the vtec at full song.....wakefield banned me from using it coz it broke the open day regulations (and that's why I got the spoon n1)...

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    ever thought on on oem muffler of a v6 accord or something?
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    rx8, fd1 civic
    i have some exhaust problem too, my exhaust pipe is touching my rear sway bar's nail! making some annoying noise!and the cannon style muffler is touching the bumper, and u not what?? the ex owner got the exhaust custom made!!!

Why don't you want to go twin loop? They are quiet yet still look good and offer good performance...