Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the info about the various types jolt.

Does anyone know that if installing the Tein Basics and lowering the height say 1.5-2 inches would be bad for the handling?

Hey Chris,

welcome to the world of coilovers.

I think dropping 2 inch front and back is alright. anything further will worsen the handling instead of improving it.
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Okay, thanks for the advice Steve.

To keep the gap even i'll probably go for just below 2 inches at the front and about 1.5" at the back. I got my sub and amps in the boot which is probably about 50kg or so extra weighing it down.

Oh yeah, need to consider the sub & amp.

You really have to adjust the coilovers a few times to get your desirable height.
    That's the beauty of it, height adjustments.

If you have zero gap, your rear camber will most likely to be -3.0 +. you need a rear camber kit to bring it back to -1.0
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    i would never buy another set , i had tein HA's on my integra and it was just too hard ofr me . i dont mean to put any one off buying them but for me it would ruin a nice car like the euro .. if you want that sort og handling why not get another car ?

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    i got Tein HR......the pervious model of Tein Flex.......from my point of view is an very confortable sussy......If u r not diehard racer Flex is a good all-round sussy....u will not be disappointed.
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au

madjace... the ha's are track focused aren't they? I've read that the basics/ss/flex are quite streetable and comfortable.

"if you want that sort og handling why not get another car ?"

because i like the euro, have spent money on getting a stereo custom installed and now am simply interested in lowering it. I don't want ferrari style handling... just a slight improvement and reduction in ride height.

If i wanted a RWD turbo i would have got one

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    awe shit....lol even Chris is finally getting coilovers! . Damn it I'm dragging my feet!!!!. Must save money.....coilovers, Volks, and two sets of rubber....

When you've got your Teins Chris we'll have to drag you to the track

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    i would love to lower the euro aswell ( damn honda whell gaps ) i just think there might be better ways of doing it han getting coilovers ..

as you have said ha's probably more at home on the track than the street i just want to lower it without affecting the ride quality or standard handling .. perhaps you gys could organise some sort of get together so i can see for myself what kind of results you get .. ( sometimes it's a real pian living down here .. doubtfull that any of the accord euro owners down here will do any thing with there sussy

Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    madjace: Tein HA's and Flex's/Super Streets are VERY different animals. The Flex's are much more streetable than the HA's.

Terry: Tein Flex's didn't exactly replace the HR's, the Flex's were introduced as a street oriented coilover with enough adjustment to be very capable at the odd trackday. I don't believe that the lower shock mount is adjustable on the HR's like it is on the Flex's, which helps with maintaining ride quality.

Rod
    Last edited by jolt; 14-09-2005 at 10:29 AM.

haha Matt - I'm a very slow "modder" too, it's taken me all year to be able to afford the coilovers

Yea the track is definitely in order (but driver training course first). Especially since honda wont do anything about my clutch/power problems untill it is completely f@#$d.

I'm gonna try pick up an injen intake while i'm in LA at the end of the year as well. That'll do me for a loooooooong while

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    haha Matt - I'm a very slow "modder" too, it's taken me all year to be able to afford the coilovers

Yea the track is definitely in order (but driver training course first). Especially since honda wont do anything about my clutch/power problems untill it is completely f@#$d.

I'm gonna try pick up an injen intake while i'm in LA at the end of the year as well. That'll do me for a loooooooong while
    Driver training...b'ah don't let that hold you back! Spin out once at QR and then you'll know the limits of your car (and your sphincter muscles ), not to mention in the process you'll eat up all the remaining compound on the clutch! hehehe win win!