Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LPG on a civic

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo TME
    the extra juice it will suck to haul the lpg tank will probaly negate any benefit in economy you get.

plus you will have no boot- and thats not good if its a hatch to start with.
    currently onda-less...but i do have an Evo 6.5

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK4
    You don't have to get a big gas tank though. I used to work at joint making gas tanks and we were making them in sizes ranging from about 15cm in diameter to 60cm in diameter and any where from about 50cm long to 150cm long. I've also heard of some joint that's come up with gas injection which they applied to a 225kw gen 3 and got about an extra 8kw when it was tuned to gas injection. Can't remember the name of the joint though.
    Wanted: Black EG6 or EF9.

Member Array
    Car:
    rx8, fd1 civic

Smile

i think the 1.3litre shouldnt be that bad petrol,if it is i think u better off have the car a tune or do a service

Quote Originally Posted by hoonda
    the extra juice it will suck to haul the lpg tank will probaly negate any benefit in economy you get.

plus you will have no boot- and thats not good if its a hatch to start with.
    The weight difference is negligable.

Gas tanks come in all sizes. If you are converting to pure LPG (IMO the only way to go) you can remove the existing fuel tank, and replace it with a gas canister.

Remember, I'm only playing the devils advocate here. I dont reccomend going down the LPG route in this particular case.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    Have you guys heard of the dual fuel systems?? Someone was just telling me about it today, where u can switch between gas for daily use and petrol for when u need the power. Anyone know anything about this??

Member Array
    Car:
    rx8, fd1 civic
    i heard about it too, i think most people do that instead of coverting it to full gas

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Con: In excess of a year waiting list to get it installed.

how is that a con?

it's not like ur physically standing in line.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Quote Originally Posted by joonix
    The E-Gas inline six is tuned for maximum economy, whilst maintaining a reasonable level of drivability.
    Same can be said for the petrol version. Yes you could get more power by running even higher CR, but once again same for the petrol version...

Quote Originally Posted by PhatSol
    Same can be said for the petrol version. Yes you could get more power by running even higher CR, but once again same for the petrol version...
    Certainly, however just because Ford's OEM setup does see a powerloss does not make the theory that LPG engines will make less power then petrol equivalents cannon.

By correct tuning, and choosing the apporpraite parts, an LPG conversion can see the same or more power.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    my mumz ford is dual fuel. To be honest with you...i cannot notice any power differences between when i flick from gas to petrol. If there is a power loss i think it is minimal, people make gas sound so so bad like if u had a V8 by putting gas conversion the V8 turns into a lil 1.3ltr engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by TEG61E
    Have you guys heard of the dual fuel systems?? Someone was just telling me about it today, where u can switch between gas for daily use and petrol for when u need the power. Anyone know anything about this??
    This has been used since the late 90's with Taxi's

And A 1 year waiting list? Damm, I was planning to get this on my 1st car Next year...

Are these dual systems available for any car?

And you should get the power back instantly when you switch back to petrol yeah? The only negative is you might gain 6 - 10kg in your car.