Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    My GF & I only recently pulled the D15B4 Dual Carb motor from her 1990 ED Civic.
    Good little motor and when tuned right can make some decent power. A set of extractors & a 2" exhaust will let the motor breathe better but more importantly if U decide to upgrade the motor at a later date, these parts can carry over.
    Replacing the Fuel filter, Air filter and spark plugs is good, remember to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to let the ECU clear any faults. Yes, there is any ECU hidden under the passenger side carpet, under a metal plate with 4x 10mm bolts holding it down.

We fitted the Fuel Injected Japanese Import D15B VTEC motor which makes 130Hp standard compared to the D15B4 100Hp. I know of an importer who can get you the D15B VTEC motor & P08 ECU for the engine swap for around $900 plus freight. Best part is this motor literally bolts in and keeps the police happy as it only qualifies as a head swap(cause it is still a D15B series motor!!)
    If your interested, check out my GF's car at: www.cardomain.com/id/blackn14sss and click on the Civic pic.
    If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask
    If you want ideas, check out my GF's car

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    nice ryd ... the cardomain one... can i ask u dude how much u spent on getting it like that? like motor, installation and all the bits n pieces to have it running...
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    Thanks man, your ride looks pretty good too(in your avatar)

$2000 including engine+freight, Goss EFI Hi pressure pump(GE034), timing belt, water pump, thermostat(basically all the stuff for the engine importers warranty), oils/filters/coolant, wiring, relays etc.

GF's Dad & I did the labour(2 days in and out) plus about 4 days of planning / rewiring involved.
    Currently puts out 88Kw@the treads

Member Array
    Car:
    civic 1992 vti
    hey i have done that swap there is a lot of muching around but is worth it. it might only be 30hp but its goes heps better now

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    if i give you the car and the cash, wana do it for me haha well i gave the ol ED to my sis now so ill she if shes interested thanks for that mate
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN