Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    dont mind me asking but why must it rev to 9,000rpm ? Why not make good power at a mroe reliable lower rpm ?

no offence ben, but i think we have moved beyond *Ghosts* desire for an arbitary RPM limit and are exploring slightly deeper fundemental analysis of what his actual goals are...

any suggestions/input on how *Ghost*'s 3 above intentions (post#11)could be met?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    In a Honda, Is all about Air flow...How well the engine can breath, Like Matching Flow from TB, to Intake manifold, to Head flow to extractor to catback to Muffler...if you got this rite, then you can start doing some cam phasing and play with the compression by using a thinner gasket and a higher compression Piston...get all those rite then only start worrying bout what kinda Electrical Gadget to get...EMS, injector balast, Fuel reg, ECU where it's critical of producing that lil bit of power...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    thanks for all the inputs guys

You see i wanna do this in "stages" so i dont have to save money and spend in bulk

so i was thinking

Stage 1. change all gaskets + high comp pistons + Port and polish (all done in one go while head is off)

Stage 2. The extra bolt-ons pgclee mentioned, like FPR, ignition system (if required)

Stage 3. Bigger Cams, retainers, whole valvetrain basically

Stage 4. Whole ems setup

What i want to know is... would nething blow up/not work properly/perform really really badly on its own through the 4 stages?

like if i was to do stage 1 with a 3 month gap between stage 2, does that mean my car will run like shit for 3 months? or would it still be good but not as good as it possibly can be?
    Stage 3

i think if u set goals then try to reach them

but dont set goals then only spend 2k and expect miracles

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    just remember spoon pistons are balanced honda items

Quote Originally Posted by jimmeh
    just remember spoon pistons are balanced honda items
    no, they are balanced matched OEM honda items...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda anymore.
    That's it?!?! Balanced OEM pistons?

Anyone can do that.
    Competition Systems
    Motorsport Electronics
    Magneti Marelli, Jenvey and Digitek Corse
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.compsystems.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Quote Originally Posted by EfiOz
    That's it?!?! Balanced OEM pistons?

Anyone can do that.
    errrr not when u balance and match it within a 1/4 of a bee's penis of weight and variation.. not something u can do wtih kitchen scales man

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda anymore.
    No, but anyone with the right kind of weight balance can. They're not even expensive anymore.
    Competition Systems
    Motorsport Electronics
    Magneti Marelli, Jenvey and Digitek Corse
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.compsystems.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by pgclee View Post
    In a Honda, Is all about Air flow...How well the engine can breath, Like Matching Flow from TB, to Intake manifold, to Head flow to extractor to catback to Muffler...if you got this rite, then you can start doing some cam phasing and play with the compression by using a thinner gasket and a higher compression Piston...get all those rite then only start worrying bout what kinda Electrical Gadget to get...EMS, injector balast, Fuel reg, ECU where it's critical of producing that lil bit of power...
    OK since this thread is in the FAQ i have to correct this.... If anything you do them last if you know your building the engine.
    Whats the point of spending X amount on them for them to change the way they work together when you do camshafts.... huuuuuuge waste of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    So u are saying you should just change the comp ratio and forget bout the flow? are you correcting him for that??? hmm...
    Last edited by todaek9; 15-06-2008 at 07:39 PM.